IGNORED

Small 8 W/Small Buck, &

BHC

Nice buck!!

I appears you spread the mineral in a very wide circle. I do the opposite. I pile the mineral in a very small area +_ 18”. I start by digging out abut 6” of soil and then deer, with time keep on digging, making a nice depression. This way I always have several inches of mineral, and most of it is not in contact with soil.  I also get water in the depression and I see deer hitting it harder after it rains. 
I think with a large thin layer good part of your mixture is wasted, never consumed and you end up using more than needed. 
IMO

Reason for spreading is that di calcium phosphate is very bitter, mix it around with the other products takes away the bitterness.  They paw the ground eat the soil with minerals,  and there are two holes dug and agree water is key

24 minutes ago, BHC said:

Reason for spreading is that di calcium phosphate is very bitter, mix it around with the other products takes away the bitterness.  They paw the ground eat the soil with minerals,  and there are two holes dug and agree water is key

I’m not sure what mixing it with other products has to do with spreading it wide, unless you tell me you mix it this way on the ground? I mix it at home before I go out