IGNORED

Dueling banjos

mazzgolf

Parked at 3:30am-ish... Got setup as it was drizzling. 5:30... Look up... Someone setup on opposite side of field... Been yelping every 10 minutes. Damnit... No one was parked when I got here. Now, last couple times when I got here the past few weeks, and I saw someone parked, I left. They got here first, they win. Guess I can't expect the same from others.

If this dude doesn't stop his incessant yelping I'm gonna yell over there... "Shut up!"

He's a good, I dunno, 400 yards away. I heard a gobble this morning closer to him than me.. If he'd shut up for 30 minutes, it might come over to one of us. I'm sure it heard him the first time.

... Just heard the gobble again, further away...

14 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

If this dude doesn't stop his incessant yelping I'm gonna yell over there... "Shut up!"

He's a good, I dunno, 400 yards away. I heard a gobble this morning closer to him than me.. If he'd shut up for 30 minutes, it might come over to one of us. I'm sure it heard him the first time.

... Just heard the gobble again, further away...

Was thinking the same thing hey a******shut the f******up

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

If this guy shoots a turkey, everything I thought I knew about turkey hunting goes out the window and i give up.

It's the same yelp..yelp..yelp over and over.. like every 5 minutes. Maybe he'll push the birds to me?

Edited by mazzgolf

22 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Ok... Now I'm messing with him. I put out a couple clucks and immediately there he goes .. Yelp.... yelp....yelp

I bet every time I cluck, he's gonna call back.

I guess I'll make it a game since I don't think anyone's getting a bird this morning.

Do you have a gobbler call do you know how to do it vocally by your mouth, that may draw one of two turkeys closer to  closer to you.:rofl:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

8 minutes ago, hunterbob1 said:

Do you have a gobbler call do you know how to do it vocally by your mouth, that may draw one of two turkeys closer to  closer to you.:rofl:

I do have one..I'm saving that to really screw with him later Lol

I'm not moving.. It's raining and I don't wanna get soaked. Plus, I have some idea where birds might be able to come to me. When the rain stops, there's another spot I wanted to go to anyway.

Btw: I'm timing it... it's yelp...yelp...yelp about every 4 minutes. Not 5 lol

I swear if this guy calls in a Tom, I will question everything. :rofl:

1 hour ago, mazzgolf said:

Dude just picked up his decoys, he's leaving.. Pouring rain worse now.. surprised he's leaving.. He's getting soaked .. Just me and that tom I heard earlier now! Once this rain let's up, let's see if I can make magic lol

So he gets home wife asks how did your turkey hunting go. Not good I clucked my butt off and all I heard was echoes:rofl:

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I do have one..I'm saving that to really screw with him later Lol

I'm not moving.. It's raining and I don't wanna get soaked. Plus, I have some idea where birds might be able to come to me. When the rain stops, there's another spot I wanted to go to anyway.

Btw: I'm timing it... it's yelp...yelp...yelp about every 4 minutes. Not 5 lol

I swear if this guy calls in a Tom, I will question everything. :rofl:

To bad you don't have a duck call with you