IGNORED

supplemental directives and new disqualifiers

21 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

So private practice paperwork eventually makes its way to a state repository?

Please clarify your question. The one I answered was for commitments.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

14 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Please clarify your question. The one I answered was for commitments.

Apologies. Do Private practice psychiatrist files eventually end up in the state repository?

To the best of my knowledge they can be destroyed after 5 years from a patient last visit, but I could be wrong.

Edited by hostak126

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff

12 minutes ago, hostak126 said:

Apologies. Do Private practice psychiatrist files eventually end up in the state repository?

If there is no commitment, no they do not. Only commitments.

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

2 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

If there is no commitment, no they do not. Only commitments.

So, Bucndoe, if I understand you right, just seeing a psychiatrist is not a disqualifier as per this directive. Correct?

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

33 minutes ago, JimmyScags said:

So, Bucndoe, if I understand you right, just seeing a psychiatrist is not a disqualifier as per this directive. Correct?

Correct

5 minutes ago, Sako76 said:

Bucndoe--if someone voluntarily enters an alcohol treat facility, is that a commitment?  Thanks 

No, but if someone is deemed to be "presently a habitual drunkard", by statute, they are disqualified. 2C:58-3.c(2)

It’s all wrong with what they’re doing. I’m sure there’s people out there that this law would deter from getting needed help properly more than you think. And what about the people that were treated 20 years ago and are recovered guess they don’t have the right to defend themselves 

• 9 months later...
Good morning all!

I would like to train to get my conceal carry permit, but I have a few questions

Some time ago when I applied for my firearm ID card and permit to purchase a handgun, I was rejected because I disclosed that I voluntarily saw a psychiatrist for counseling. An attorney assisted me in appealing the denial and I was granted the permit on appeal. I was never admitted  or commited to an outpatient or impatient facility or provided medication. I saw a different doctor for a phyc test and passed. Hence the reason that I was granted the permit on appeal.

With the new disqualifier for owning firearms in New Jersey for voluntarily seeing a psychiatrist. Will this new disqualifier disqualify me from continuing to own a firearm, to apply for new permits, or to apply for a concealed carry permit?

Thank you

9 minutes ago, Dwayne said:
Good morning all!

I would like to train to get my conceal carry permit, but I have a few questions

Some time ago when I applied for my firearm ID card and permit to purchase a handgun, I was rejected because I disclosed that I voluntarily saw a psychiatrist for counseling. An attorney assisted me in appealing the denial and I was granted the permit on appeal. I was never admitted  or commited to an outpatient or impatient facility or provided medication. I saw a different doctor for a phyc test and passed. Hence the reason that I was granted the permit on appeal.

With the new disqualifier for owning firearms in New Jersey for voluntarily seeing a psychiatrist. Will this new disqualifier disqualify me from continuing to own a firearm, to apply for new permits, or to apply for a concealed carry permit?

Thank you

to my knowledge nobody on here is an attorney. 

I would consult with the attorney that helped get you your permits though. But from what i am reading in this thread - it doesn't appear it should impact you

Good morning all!

Thank you