IGNORED

supplemental directives and new disqualifiers

"(13) To any person who has previously been voluntarily admitted to inpatient treatment pursuant to P.L.1987"

Voluntarily seeing a psychologist is not being "admitted". Admitted refers to being admitted for treatment in a hospital.

Unfortunately, I answered question 26 incorrectly based on my understanding at the time.

6 hours ago, Dwayne said:

"(13) To any person who has previously been voluntarily admitted to inpatient treatment pursuant to P.L.1987"

Voluntarily seeing a psychologist is not being "admitted". Admitted refers to being admitted for treatment in a hospital.

Unfortunately, I answered question 26 incorrectly based on my understanding at the time.

You were not denied for subsection (13) because it wasn't in effect at the time. There are now more disqualifiers.  However, it now makes it easier to deny more people based on the "voluntary" part and it most likely will be liberally construed until someone takes it to the Apellate Division.

You were denied for your answer to Question 26. If you apply for a Carry Permit with the same department, and same answer, you will be denied again. You will also have to disclose that you were previously denied and why. All of that information is a part of your first application and doesn't go away. If you don't answer both truthfully, it is a basis for a denial and criminal charges.

If you move to another town, you will have to provide the same answers because you did already and you were previously denied.

If you think you can appeal again, you can. Only this time you will most likely lose because there is no longer ANY provision in the statute that allows for a licensed NJ doctor to provide the type of letter that helped you win your first appeal. The issuing department and Judge do not want that type of liability on them. The letter took it off them. However, that is completely gone and removed from statute.

None of this is what you want to hear but these are the facts that most likely you won't be told about until it's too late. I'm tapping out.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Understood. Thanks for the clarification. Do you think that I'll still be able to purchase rifles or shotguns If I cannot get handgun permits and still clear NICS. I see no reason they'd want me to turn in my permit since 26 was already disclosed and permit granted. I also consulted with an attorney. He said I'm good. the next step is to get 26 taken off my record since it's false. Not sure if it's worth it.

48 minutes ago, Dwayne said:

I also consulted with an attorney. He said I'm good. the next step is to get 26 taken off my record since it's false. Not sure if it's worth it.

If the Lawyer said you're good for rifles and shotguns, stick with that. Until we file and win lawsuits against handgun permits, you move to a more 2A friendly state, or you clear your name on question 26 stay away from handguns.

Not trusting the government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it makes you a history buff