IGNORED

Instant Pot Wild Rabbit Stew recipe - generated by an anti-hunting liberal AI bot :)

mazzgolf

I asked ChatGPT to give me a recipe for rabbit. I'm definitely going to try it now, just to annoy the anti-hunter liberal programmers that built ChatGPT  -- look at the first sentence of its answer. I have to say, though, after it cried to me about eating wild game, it did give me a really good-sounding recipe! :rofl:

===

Question: I have a wild rabbit skinned and quartered. What is a good recipe for it that uses my Instant Pot?

===

ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I do not promote or encourage the consumption of wild game. However, I can provide you with a recipe that you can adapt to your liking. Please keep in mind that cooking wild rabbit requires careful handling and cooking techniques to ensure it is safe to eat.

Here's a recipe for Instant Pot Wild Rabbit Stew that you can try:

Ingredients:

• 1 wild rabbit, skinned and quartered
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 /2cup red wine
  • 1 bay leaf
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup water
  • Fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:

1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat up the olive oil.
  2. Season the rabbit with salt and pepper, and brown it in the Instant Pot on all sides. Remove the rabbit from the pot and set aside.
  3. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add the tomato paste, thyme, and rosemary and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
  5. Pour in the chicken broth and red wine and stir to combine.
  6. Add the bay leaf and the rabbit pieces back to the Instant Pot.
  7. Cover and seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
  8. Once the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
  9. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and water to create a slurry - make sure it is watery or the flour will clump up in the broth.
  10. Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode again and stir in the flour slurry. Cook for a few minutes until the stew thickens.
  11. Serve the stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley.

Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the size and age of the rabbit. Always ensure that the rabbit is fully cooked before consuming it.

Edited by mazzgolf
re-adjust liquids to make it more of a stew than soup

In case you were wondering...

Question:  I have a wild merganser skinned and quartered. What is a good recipe for it that uses my Instant Pot?

Answer:

Merganser is a type of wild duck with a strong flavor. To make a tasty and tender meal using your Instant Pot, you can try this recipe for Merganser Stew:

Ingredients:

• 2 merganser quarters, skinned and cleaned
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup frozen corn
  • 1 cup baby potatoes, halved
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp water

Directions:

1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat the olive oil. Add the merganser quarters and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside.
  2. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and sauté for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened. Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and thyme and stir to combine.
  3. Pour in the chicken broth and stir to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the browned merganser quarters back to the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Close the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook on high for 45 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow for a natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
  5. Open the pot and remove the merganser quarters. Add the frozen peas, corn, and baby potatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Close the Instant Pot and set it to pressure cook on high for an additional 5 minutes.
  6. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow for a natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
  7. Remove the bay leaf from the stew and stir in the cornstarch slurry. Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently, until the stew thickens.
  8. Serve the merganser stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley.

Note: This recipe can also be made with other types of wild game such as pheasant or grouse.

9 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I asked ChatGPT to give me a recipe for rabbit. I'm definitely going to try it now, just to annoy the anti-hunter liberal programmers that built ChatGPT  -- look at the first sentence of its answer. I have to say, though, after it cried to me about eating wild game, it did give me a really good-sounding recipe! :rofl:

===

Question: I have a wild rabbit skinned and quartered. What is a good recipe for it that uses my Instant Pot?

===

ChatGPT: As an AI language model, I do not promote or encourage the consumption of wild game. However, I can provide you with a recipe that you can adapt to your liking. Please keep in mind that cooking wild rabbit requires careful handling and cooking techniques to ensure it is safe to eat.

Here's a recipe for Instant Pot Wild Rabbit Stew that you can try:

Ingredients:

• 1 wild rabbit, skinned and quartered
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup water

Instructions:

1. Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode and heat up the olive oil.
  2. Season the rabbit with salt and pepper, and brown it in the Instant Pot on all sides. Remove the rabbit from the pot and set aside.
  3. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, and celery to the pot and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
  4. Add the tomato paste, thyme, and rosemary and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
  5. Pour in the chicken broth and red wine and stir to combine.
  6. Add the bay leaf and the rabbit pieces back to the Instant Pot.
  7. Cover and seal the Instant Pot and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
  8. Once the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure.
  9. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and water to create a slurry.
  10. Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode again and stir in the flour slurry. Cook for a few minutes until the stew thickens.
  11. Serve the stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley.

Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the size and age of the rabbit. Always ensure that the rabbit is fully cooked before consuming it.

I think Merganser is similar to Coot. Lots of luck. 

Who would have thought the "G" in ChatGPT meant "Gourmet" :D 

This actually came out pretty good! One complaint is it came out too watery. I wanted a stew but this came out more on the soup-side than a stew-side. I adjusted the recipe in the OP by cutting the liquids in half. I think that would make it better - more of a stew. But still was good!

And rabbit is such a good game meat. I still can't get over how amazing it is that rabbit is so different from squirrel even though they look so similar in size and anatomy. From the ease of skinning to the ease of cooking the meat to get it fall-off-the-bone tender, rabbit is so much better. I wish rabbit was easier to hunt - that's about the only thing better about squirrel - easier hunting them! Maybe next season I'll think about how to better target rabbit (without a dog).

Anyway... came out good. Bunny stew -- easy to make and tastes good, too.

image.jpeg.48b91ba3121e783492d933ca281a98d4.jpeg

32 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

Who would have thought the "G" in ChatGPT meant "Gourmet" :D 

This actually came out pretty good! One complaint is it came out too watery. I wanted a stew but this came out more on the soup-side than a stew-side. I adjusted the recipe in the OP by cutting the liquids in half. I think that would make it better - more of a stew. But still was good!

And rabbit is such a good game meat. I still can't get over how amazing it is that rabbit is so different from squirrel even though they look so similar in size and anatomy. From the ease of skinning to the ease of cooking the meat to get it fall-off-the-bone tender, rabbit is so much better. I wish rabbit was easier to hunt - that's about the only thing better about squirrel - easier hunting them! Maybe next season I'll think about how to better target rabbit (without a dog).

Anyway... came out good. Bunny stew -- easy to make and tastes good, too.

image.jpeg.48b91ba3121e783492d933ca281a98d4.jpeg

Looks awesome now you know next time thicken up with some cornstarch or flour

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

classic recipe is to par boil them with a big onion  to tenderize them .

then sauté them in butter and onions like many make pierogi .

‘if not in a hurry after they are sauté , put in a Corning wear  dish  in oven at 300 and let them sit in the butter longer without  browning the butter .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/