IGNORED

Help with ID of this 22 rifle ??

Msgdan

5 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Looks like a Springfield or Sears model 187 made by savage

Just can't find a single one w a band on stock. Savage made this rifle for : sears, jc Higgins, Springfield, & maybe others.

Savage model 6 is very similar, but Springfield 187 is nearly identical 

39 minutes ago, nmc02 said:

Looks like a Springfield or Sears model 187 made by savage

After a closer look I do believe you might be correct this might be a version of the savage 187. It is hard to see the receiver in the picks but the more I look at it I am convinced 187 savage maby the r version.

Here is a pic of the 187 receiver dissembled

Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 20-42-49 Springfield model 187N 22lr semi automatic rifle the gun I'm starting to hate.png

Edited by bushden
NEW FOUND INFO

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

7 hours ago, Msgdan said:

I have had this gun for at least 40 years and shot it many times over the years.  It was a hand me down from a friend of the family and never really knew too much about it.  I took  my grandkids out this past weekend to do some shooting and now it's about time that I started to clean it up and get it in great shape.

I  am not sure what make and model it is.....I tried finding any name or model on it last night and could only find a serial number, but no make or model.    After searching the web this morning, I could still not find this exact gun after hundreds of pictures.

I was thinking it is a Marlin 60 but I could not find any with the safety on the top rear of the gun.....every picture I found had the safety on the trigger guard and also could not find one with the metal band around the front of the forearm.  Just hoping that someone on here might know what it is....     Thanks guys and girls !!

Gun 1.jpg

gun 2.jpg

gun 3.jpg

Not sure about the gun but gotta teach that girl trigger discipline, boys doing a good job.

1 minute ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Dan this is really easy to identify. It's a Savage arms, Springfield Model 388 made in Westfield Mass, USA

Try to use better light in your kitchen and removal a little rust from the barrel.  You'll see!

He already done did that look at his new post:banghead:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt