IGNORED

Let's see your pictures from past seasons

vdep217

2012 split brow 9 the day after the day after "Sandy".   First time I shot "the wrong buck" I had been after a very old, split brow buck. My buddy texted me and said "big buck" heading my way and he said it had a split brow.  So I saw the rack, it looked like the target buck, he was running right too me down a brook and I had seconds to get bow off hook and make the shot. I never looked at rack again. The split brow was on the wrong side, and he was significantly smaller. Don't know what ever became of the target buck...  I saw the bigger buck day after Sandy, right under my stand, but I was in my kitchen and he was 150 yards into the woods.

Last pic is the buck I never got but had 5 years of history with...

image.jpeg

IMG_0890.JPG

PICT0088.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

2013 8pt. I was after a much bigger 8. I was looking south and rattled early November. Heard deer charging me from behind. I turned saw what I thought was the big 8 - stopped looking at rack grabbed bow and shot him at 14 yards. Happened so quick. As he was falling down at 40 yards I realized it was wrong buck. Oh well - great hunt.

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

2014 November 8. First snow of year 11/14.   These pics demonstrate why the quartering away is my favorite shot - any time you can catch the top rear end of lung and exit out though the shoulder, they don't go far and the blood trail was insane...     Love the VPA broadheads, they penetrate through everything and have to struggle to get them out of the ground.   Just sharpen it up and ready to kill again. My record so far is 7 kills on one head....

image.jpeg

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1227.JPG

0130132024.jpg

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

2015 October 25th. An old survivor. Walked in three legs. Called him "tripod". I have many pics since 2011. He was once actually an 8pt, the leg injury worsened, he used to walk on it a little, but once it locked to 45 degrees in 2013, this is how it grew.   The last pics I show of him "live" - he was loving the A&W mineral magnet in vanilla flavor...    

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

WGI_0037.JPG

WGI_0034.JPG

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….