IGNORED

Deer and deer stands

deadonshot2

I don't know what it is. For some reason I have deer walk up to me when building deer stands for some reason.  Today I had this velvet spike walk up to within a few yards of me. We spotted each other from about 15 yards away. He then entered the clearing I was building the stand so I stood up thinking he would run away. Nope. He walked to within a couple yards of me. Over the next 5 minutes or so I continued building the stand while he browsed 5 to 10 yards away. Then he slowly walked towards the trail I came in on. He didn't have a care in the world.

20220928_093927.jpg

20220928_093850.jpg

30 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I don't know what it is. For some reason I have deer walk up to me when building deer stands for some reason.  Today I had this velvet spike walk up to within a few yards of me. We spotted each other from about 15 yards away. He then entered the clearing I was building the stand so I stood up thinking he would run away. Nope. He walked to within a couple yards of me. Over the next 5 minutes or so I continued building the stand while he browsed 5 to 10 yards away. Then he slowly walked towards the trail I came in on. He didn't have a care in the world.

20220928_093927.jpg

20220928_093850.jpg

I know that spot

2 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

I remember you sharing those pics. It is always a great experience to get that close to deer who know you are there.  I think he would have eaten from my hand if I tried. I think he wanted the food block and corn I had a few feet from me in a bag. It was my first stop and still had 9 more cams to hit so just let him do his thing.  I even walked towards him and then stopped and he still came closer. I could care less if I ever shot another deer. It is times like today that enjoy.

You make it sound like a religious experience, get ahold of yourself

6 minutes ago, JD48 said:

You make it sound like a religious experience, get ahold of yourself

Maybe it is. I do think of my dad who died 36 years ago(wounded korean war vet) a lot when I am in my stand. I remember hunts with him from nearly 50 years ago like it was just yesterday. But I know it is just your unhinged self lashing out as usual. It is a shame your life has not been as fulfilling.

Edited by deadonshot2

Just now, deadonshot2 said:

Maybe it is. I do think of my dad who died (wounded korean war vet) a lot when I am in my stand. I remember hunts with him from nearly 50 years ago like it was just yesterday. But I know it is just your unhinged self lashing out as usual. It is a shame your life has not been as fulfilling.

Lifes been great, no complaints