IGNORED

14 lbs, & Loud

BHC

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

Bow is advertised at 450 but chronos closer to 470 with the recommended Ravin bolts with 100 grain heads. Borkholder Archery setup the bow and SIG Sauer BDX. I was surprised when the BDX was set for 470.

1 hour ago, Rutting Buck said:

Hammer I have to disagree.  I just had my cables and string changed on my 29X and I’m shooting 462 FPS

What is total weight of the bolts your shooting ?

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, electric10162 said:

400 grains 

Including broad head?  If yes that's scary light considering I shoot a 27 inch arrow from a 72lb mathews and my arrow weight is 400.  Yes I'm shooting a bit heavier than I need to but it works .

Edited by vdep217

6 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Including broad head?  If yes that's scary light considering I shoot a 27 inch arrow from a 72lb mathews and my arrow weight is 400.  Yes I'm shooting a bit heavier than I need to but it works .

I'm shooting what Ravin has recommended. Never gave it much thought until this post. Although, I never actually weighed the arrow either. All I know is, it's extremely accurate and very quiet considering. I have a six year old R15 with no issues whatsoever. I will be putting a new string on it soon though.

Edited by electric10162

13 hours ago, archer36 said:

I don't want a bow that requires an aerospace engineer to fix. I want to be in the woods. 

A 400 fps bow shooting a 500 gr arrow with the proper broadhead will kill any animal that walks the earth. 

So will many compounds and sticks

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I'm shooting what Ravin has recommended. Never gave it much thought until this post. Although, I never actually weighed the arrow either. All I know is, it's extremely accurate and very quiet considering.

So your shooting 400 spine not weight?

8 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

So will many compounds and sticks

Yes. But the thread was about a crossbow. 

There are no vertical compounds, recurves, or longbows that can shoot 400 fps with any arrow that I know of. 

Edited by archer36

8 hours ago, electric10162 said:

I'm shooting what Ravin has recommended. Never gave it much thought until this post. Although, I never actually weighed the arrow either. All I know is, it's extremely accurate and very quiet considering. I have a six year old R15 with no issues whatsoever. I will be putting a new string on it soon though.

Most places making custom bolts for the Ravins are making  them heavier than 400 grain .

MOST  of the 29 were coming in at 430-440 with Ravin bolts and 400 with the custom bolts as they were heavier .

‘Their are a few guys posting in places their 29 are shooting above 450, and other guys shooting the same set ups speeds are much slower , so seems to be a lot if variation across their limb deflection .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Most places making custom bolts for the Ravins are making  them heavier than 400 grain .

MOST  of the 29 were coming in at 430-440 with Ravin bolts and 400 with the custom bolts as they were heavier .

‘Their are a few guys posting in places their 29 are shooting above 450, and other guys shooting the same set ups speeds are much slower , so seems to be a lot if variation across their limb deflection .

I wonder what the spine of the .001 arrows are.

2 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

I wonder what the spine of the .001 arrows are.

.001 has nothing to due with spine .that’s the straightness of the bolt .

you can get all different spines that straight .

.slot of bolts aren’t as true and are .003 or .005 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

Just now, hammer4reel said:

.001 has nothing to due with spine .that’s the straightness of the bolt .

you can get all different spines that straight .

.slot of bolts aren’t as true and are .003 or .005 

Understood. Was using the .001 Ravin for reference. Just wonder what the spine is since I cannot find it listed anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

Understood. Was using the .001 Ravin for reference. Just wonder what the spine is since I cannot find it listed anywhere. 

They make the .001 in the 400 your shooting .

and their HD which is 500 grains .

I don’t see their spines listed either on their site 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING