IGNORED

handgun permit delays?

33 minutes ago, 6.5 Swede said:

Back in the late 1970's-early 80's, I had to apply for mine through the NJSP, because my town didn't have a full-time PD.

It took two to three months!

7 MONTHS when I first got my FID... late 90s. Applied in the spring, got it in the late fall.

I actually called my township this morning. I applied for purchase permits at the end of June, they usually take 7 to 10 days and I would have my permits. Having not heard anything for almost a month I called and they said they are way behind because of the conceal carry applications.

Just got purchase permits last week. Took 3 weeks from Mt Holly, who in the past has been 1-2 weeks.

I asked about a surge in people for ccw permits and was told so far only had 1 submitted but has had a ton of calls about them.

I remember living in PA and just going to a gun shop and buying a handgun or rifle, no addition permits required. Just amazing how the laws change when you cross the border. I'm moving to a small cabin I own in Somerset PA boarding state game lands in 2 year when I retire. I'm counting the days.

Edited by Rumrunner69

Expect the backlog of applications and everyone being backed up. I dont know why this is a thing -just wait it will come. If it takes a month it takes a month. the past 2 years i heard people waiting 6 months or longer because of all the garbage going on with covid and stuff. But now with the house news expect even more permits to go in. Why do you think they want permits to be re-registered every 6 months? So shit like this happens.

Just applied for my own and had it back in 10 days from application. State police service me as well. I talked with the lady and she did inform me she is the only one at the barracks that does this job and if she is called away for other duties or is away it takes longer but she said she tries to process as quickly as possible after receiving the reference referrals back online. She said not receiving these back is the typical reason for a delay on her end. Again can’t speak for everyone but this is my station. She did not mention any increase in time or applications due to CC but I also didn’t ask. I received my permit on the 24th of July. 

• 2 weeks later...