IGNORED

circle hooks for fluke

hiking

Just posting this for discussion .   this year I have been setting up rods for kids and first time fluke guys with circle hooks and the results have been great. I'm guessing the kids have caught 30 fluke both shorts and keepers and not even one was hooked deep, all shorts released safely.  I have been bucktailing and have to admit  that some of the releases may not make it.  One recent trip with my new to fishing 10 yr old grandson we limited out  He was dragging bait with circle hooks and I was bucktailing   He caught 7 fluke  4 slot and 3 shorts and I caught 5 ,3 overs and 1 slot and 1 short.  so bucktailing did catch the bigger fish. but one of the overs swollowed the bucktail and would of never lived if he had to be released.  btw we came in with our limit the other keepers were released.  Just looking for opinions 

I was going to bring this up a few weeks ago. Great topic. I have had great success using them. Very few lost fish and perfect hook sets in the jaw. I think more people should try them. I use a size 6 when using Killies in the rivers with excellent results. Yes you can’t set the hook like most of us enjoy but you just reel toward the fish and slowly lift the the rod and the fight is on. Works well for dead sticking bait as well.