IGNORED

Hiring Class III

Bones

DYFS is on the grounds of JJC and officers can't refuse to talk to them. DYFS has the power.  When they showed up I was told by my major don't refuse, they hold the cards.  So I stood by my report,  never heard from them after that, like I said I was told it was what was reported before I got there. 

13 minutes ago, BHC said:

DYFS is on the grounds of JJC and officers can't refuse to talk to them. DYFS has the power.  When they showed up I was told by my major don't refuse, they hold the cards.  So I stood by my report,  never heard from them after that, like I said I was told it was what was reported before I got there. 

So you are comparing the job of a an active duty jail guard on State Correctional Property to the job of a Class III SLEO working in a public school where they are no juvenile offenders ? That is like saying Cheese Nips are the same as Cheese Its 

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 minute ago, Bucndoe said:

So you are comparing the job of a an active duty jail guard on State Correctional Property to the job of a Class III SLEO working in a public school where they are no juvenile offenders ? That is like saying Cheese Nips are the same as Cheese Its 

When a child is involved it grabs the attention of Dyfs, they are obligated to investigate on behalf of a child 

3 minutes ago, BHC said:

When a child is involved it grabs the attention of Dyfs, they are obligated to investigate on behalf of a child 

Maybe in a correctional facility working with kids but not for real cops working in the field using force to do their jobs

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

1 hour ago, nmc02 said:

Year 26??? That is like crossing the finish line of a marathon and continuing to run! 

Lol. Different job I’m a Capt of FD. Just comparing when a person retired the last thing they want to do as a side gig to keep busy is deal with stress and aggravation. 
Tough to be in law enforcement no doubt. 

1 hour ago, BHC said:

All law enforcement are subjected to the same responsibility and rules under the AG GUIDELINES,  the AG is ultimately LEOs boss.  

SRO officer lost his job cause DYFS pressure 

I know a little bit about the Guidelines and Directives. Unless it was you, you don't know all the facts. That is not the norm and doesn't appear black and white. There is more to the story

Edited by Bucndoe

1 hour ago, Rjtfd said:

Lol. Different job I’m a Capt of FD. Just comparing when a person retired the last thing they want to do as a side gig to keep busy is deal with stress and aggravation. 
Tough to be in law enforcement no doubt. 

Every fireman I know LOVES their job. Just busting chops. 

Edited by nmc02

I do know the facts from my friend who just retired from this town's PD, he's a Sgt. he said DYFS pressured the dept./town to fire him cause from others kids that witnessed whatever happened before I got there

15 minutes ago, BHC said:

I do know the facts from my friend who just retired from this town's PD, he's a Sgt. he said DYFS pressured the dept./town to fire him cause from others kids that witnessed whatever happened before I got there

I never heard of dcpp being called in a leo interaction w public. Who made the referral?? Dcpp is usually child 

abuse/neglect. 

2 minutes ago, Hunter115522 said:

Man what a thread hijack. Bones posted this to be helpful to guys possibly looking for work in retirement and it just shit on. If someone isn't interested in the gig why not just scroll on by.. 

And not post incorrect information about the job as a reason not to take it. I didn't intend to hijack a thread so I'm tapping out

2 hours ago, Hunter115522 said:

Man what a thread hijack. Bones posted this to be helpful to guys possibly looking for work in retirement and it just gets shit on. If someone isn't interested in the gig why not just scroll on by.. 

this is the new normal around here.