IGNORED

Penny stock guys in here?

Coyoteslayer

20 minutes ago, KBfishing said:

I commend him for what he is doing. Knowing that he has made smart choices in his youth and still doing Chinese food delivery for extra cash. He is just trying to show others that they should be investing rather than pissing it away. Nothing wrong with that. At least he isn't collecting unemployment and sitting on the couch. 

You and the OP are both missing my point

2 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Again see where your coming from but doing it every day n showing new associates what they can have by contributing a little now def opens their eyes.

Here is my point. I did the same thing to the young people that were at my place before I left. They were kids the same age as some of mine. I never showed them what I had, I showed them how to start, grow their own egg, and help in any way I could.

The message you perceive that you are sending and the one being recieved are two different things. 

They are immature in such things and their perception is quite different than yours.

Instead of showing them what you have, actually teach them about investing basics and show them HOW to do it. 

If you are only showing them what you have, most of their perception will be that their boss is a pompous showoff and an ass. Human nature will cause jealousy and envy which will most definitely detract from what you are trying to accomplish. Sometimes we don't understand the perception of others because we only see things though our own eyes.

I commend you for trying to be of service to others. I would try to convey the message without airing your personal finances because of the evils of human nature. 

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

49 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Here is my point. I did the same thing to the young people that were at my place before I left. They were kids the same age as some of mine. I never showed them what I had, I showed them how to start, grow their own egg, and help in any way I could.

The message you perceive that you are sending and the one being recieved are two different things. 

They are immature in such things and their perception is quite different than yours.

Instead of showing them what you have, actually teach them about investing basics and show them HOW to do it. 

If you are only showing them what you have, most of their perception will be that their boss is a pompous showoff and an ass. Human nature will cause jealousy and envy which will most definitely detract from what you are trying to accomplish. Sometimes we don't understand the perception of others because we only see things though our own eyes.

I commend you for trying to be of service to others. I would try to convey the message without airing your personal finances because of the evils of human nature. 

I get it but in my experience center if I tell an 18 year old kid put 5 percent of your pay check away and stay with the company and you'll retire a millionaire they look at you like your nuts.  Actually showing them the graphs and way it builds over time shows them how it grows not just taking someone's word for it..  and besides I don't have it yet it's still at least 20 years away

22 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I get it but in my experience center if I tell an 18 year old kid put 5 percent of your pay check away and stay with the company and you'll retire a millionaire they look at you like your nuts.  Actually showing them the graphs and way it builds over time shows them how it grows not just taking someone's word for it..  and besides I don't have it yet it's still at least 20 years away

Good luck, you still ain't getting it. Tapping out

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

4 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Like the guy who told me 25 years ago to wear knee pads kid. Yeah whatever pops my knees are just fine lol!! Note to self listen to that guy next time.

All the years I've been using simms metal management for scrap in deptford but they have quite a few locations I never knew they were publicly traded. Just seen it on their website SMYSM I think it is. A 16 dollar OTC Stock.  Strange they never uplisted?

@vdep217

very commendable. Like you, I started early and so far it’s worked out well for my family and myself. I’m a visual learner and think what you’re showing them doesn’t seem pompous but rather SHOWS someone the possibilities rather than just telling someone words. However, that’s my perception and others have theirs. Nonetheless, great job doing what you’re doing and good for you for taking them time to share it with others in hopes that they can do something similar. I’ve been on this site a while and it’s not the first time I’ve seen you doing good deeds to help out others. 

Let's talk drones!! I'm bullish on this sector long term. It's amazing the uses and growth of the sector already. Drone delivery is coming albeit not as soon as Amazon wanted but testing phase is ongoing amd there's alot of red tape before it passes. Here's a few plays I like or have on watch list. For full disclosure many of these had huge runs last year and crashed back down. Do your own dd before Making a buy decision. Add plays I'm missing here also. Love to hear others thoughts on the sector or specific companies also. 

UAVS- my biggest score last year. My cost average was under 2 dollars when it skyrocket to 17 bucks on an Amazon delivery deal rumor. I sold near the top. Since then it has been shorted to death. All the way back to 1.00. Fins are not great as they had a few acquisitions but I like the company still snd have a buy order in for this morning. Agriculture tech drones, they also have a tactical drone for military. Incredible tech...and I do think they will be the delivery drone for Amazon. But even if they aren't they bougjt micasense and sensefly two components amd sensor manufacturers so others will have to buy parts from them. 

DPRO-DRAGONFLY. I have holdings. Drone weaponry, Drone racing, stadium sanitizing drones. I was in st 75 cents sold most at 3 bucks and kept a core position. Long termblike the company.

RCAT- redcat holdings- military drone and drone tech. Just sold 10 or 15 to NATO for Ukraine. The cost of these drones is insane. I have a small position in this and will hold for a few years. 

DPLS- darkpulse- love the ceo. Infrastructure amd inspection drones and software mainly but they have other services. Currently a short attack target but whenever it hits the 4 cent mark I buy more. This is the one on the radar for the most explosive run as it's so cheap. Also the one with the most risk lol.

There's a few others I know but gotta go to work. Love to hear good bad or otherwise from you. 

19 hours ago, Bucndoe said:

I can see how it can be received poorly.  I can also see how it can get someone super interested.  It depends on how the info is presented and how the person takes it.  If the person presenting info is pompous and the young kid is a jerk, then the message won't sink in.  If the person presenting it is humble and the young kid is eager and smart to succeed, it will sink in. 

19 hours ago, vdep217 said:

I agree.  For me, I wish someone had showed me the way when I was young.  I had some wealthy relatives and they all made their investing out to be some big secret and never took the time to show me anything.  

20 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I can see how it can be received poorly.  I can also see how it can get someone super interested.  It depends on how the info is presented and how the person takes it.  If the person presenting info is pompous and the young kid is a jerk, then the message won't sink in.  If the person presenting it is humble and the young kid is eager and smart to succeed, it will sink in. 

I agree.  For me, I wish someone had showed me the way when I was young.  I had some wealthy relatives and they all made their investing out to be some big secret and never took the time to show me anything.  

It's not just investing.  The younger generations including mine only look at the right now.  My wifes union last year or year before voted to nix bennifits after retirement voted to lower their pension contributions changed what bennifits cover etc all for a few extra dollars now not realizing what they loose in the long run

3 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It's not just investing.  The younger generations including mine only look at the right now.  My wifes union last year or year before voted to nix bennifits after retirement voted to lower their pension contributions changed what bennifits cover etc all for a few extra dollars now not realizing what they loose in the long run

Yeah.  Just generally teaching them to pay attention to everything is a good thing.  

I think the other 50% of the conversation is to teach young people about debt and how to stay out of it.  Credit Cards, car payments, loans, student loans, etc...so much of it is a trap.  There are responsible ways to live and then there is the Standard American way of living... You can't max out investments, plan for the future and enjoy life when you're paying major chunks of your income to old debt and high interest debt. 

14 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Yeah.  Just generally teaching them to pay attention to everything is a good thing.  

I think the other 50% of the conversation is to teach young people about debt and how to stay out of it.  Credit Cards, car payments, loans, student loans, etc...so much of it is a trap.  There are responsible ways to live and then there is the Standard American way of living... You can't max out investments, plan for the future and enjoy life when you're paying major chunks of your income to old debt and high interest debt. 

You are correct.  I lived by my grandfather's advise.  If uou bills are paid your not broke work your butt off you will hit a point where it feels like the world is lifted off your shoulders don't use credit if you don't have the cash to cover it and work hard but play hard.

I took all the over time and holidays I could up until my kids were 2 is where I personally felt the weight lift and can enjoy life and time for my kids and myself

Edited by vdep217

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

You are correct.  I lived by my grandfather's advise.  If uou bills are paid your not broke work your butt off you will hit a point where it feels like the world is lifted off your shoulders don't use credit if you don't have the cash to cover it and work hard but play hard.

I took all the over time and holidays I could up until my kids were 2 is where I personally felt the weight lift and can enjoy life and time for my kids and myself

I'm doing a little bit of juggling with things right now, but should be debt free (except mortgage and a bit of my wife's masters program loan) within the next 2 years.  I've found the "balance" of work vs family time, although it always leaves me exhausted right now. I know it will be different soon and I also know that I'm setting my kid up for a life that neither my wife nor I had as kids.  Both with what we will leave for her and also with the knowledge, skills and investments that we will be starting for her to manage very soon.  

3 hours ago, vdep217 said:

That is insane. Their union leadership and or attorney screwed them

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

I'm doing a little bit of juggling with things right now, but should be debt free (except mortgage and a bit of my wife's masters program loan) within the next 2 years.  I've found the "balance" of work vs family time, although it always leaves me exhausted right now. I know it will be different soon and I also know that I'm setting my kid up for a life that neither my wife nor I had as kids.  Both with what we will leave for her and also with the knowledge, skills and investments that we will be starting for her to manage very soon.  

Not all debt is bad. There is good debt and bad debt. Educational loans aren't bad if they come with an income increase for having that education level and are refinanced and paid off as soon as they can be. A mortgage alone is good debt. If you have a mortgage and Home Equity balance on it, that could be bad. Once you pay off a home loan you lose a major tax write off and an accountant will tell you to go out and buy something with a mortgage

7 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Not all debt is bad. There is good debt and bad debt. Educational loans aren't bad if they come with an income increase for having that education level and are refinanced and paid off as soon as they can be. A mortgage alone is good debt. If you have a mortgage and Home Equity balance on it, that could be bad. Once you pay off a home loan you lose a major tax write off and an accountant will tell you to go out and buy something with a mortgage

Definitely good debt vs bad debt.  Robert Kiyosaki always talks about good debt vs bad debt, mortgage debt, etc.  I've also had some lengthy talks with Tim (Haskell Hunter) about good debt. 

Generally speaking, too many people carry around way too much bad debt, and it dramatically impacts their daily lives and their futures