IGNORED

Daily Check-In, Motivation and Accountability Thread

1 hour ago, not on the rug said:

That's what I'm shooting for this year as well.  I don't have an actual weight number that I'm trying to hit, but I'm just going to stay consistent and see what happens.  I just hate that point in time where the calorie cutting and fat loss start to cause me to feel run down and it then impacts my performance.  It's a razor's edge for me too, which is why I don't get super ripped anymore.  

Yeah I hear you on getting to that bad point! I have to stop myself befoew getting there again. Sadly I'll probably never look as lean as I actually am in some areas due to poor choices in the past.  I was over 235lbs at one point with no muscle now Im in the 163lb range and very fit but you don't make that kind of change without having some lose skin in areas. That's what started the whole bulking and cutting the past 2 years to add as much muscle as possible and tighten things up.  In 2022 I got down to around 5 percent body fat measured with 7 pt caliper method.I felt like absolute trash. I'll never get that lean again I didn't even look good and didn't do it on Purpose I just kept trying to lose what I thought was fat but was actually just extra skin 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, Northjerseyoutdoorsman said:

Yeah I hear you on getting to that bad point! I have to stop myself befoew getting there again. Sadly I'll probably never look as lean as I actually am in some areas due to poor choices in the past.  I was over 235lbs at one point with no muscle now Im in the 163lb range and very fit but you don't make that kind of change without having some lose skin in areas. That's what started the whole bulking and cutting the past 2 years to add as much muscle as possible and tighten things up.  In 2022 I got down to around 5 percent body fat measured with 7 pt caliper method.I felt like absolute trash. I'll never get that lean again I didn't even look good and didn't do it on Purpose I just kept trying to lose what I thought was fat but was actually just extra skin 🤦‍♂️

Posting this pic for reference...

5% is crazy low. I'm not sure I've ever been that lean.  I'm in the 16-19% now and I  feel pretty good in the 13-15% range too.  When I get to 11-12% that's when I really start to see performance suffer so that's about as lean as I ever get these days.  

Screenshot_20240417-160449_Chrome.jpg

25 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

Posting this pic for reference...

5% is crazy low. I'm not sure I've ever been that lean.  I'm in the 16-19% now and I  feel pretty good in the 13-15% range too.  When I get to 11-12% that's when I really start to see performance suffer so that's about as lean as I ever get these days.  

Screenshot_20240417-160449_Chrome.jpg

Yeah... never again and that's why I said with calipers because I know how low that actually is. I was wearing underarmour coldgear all day everyday  in October because I couldn't stay warm and all my hormones were jacked up

Feeling ok today, but my shoulder is a bit achy. It felt a little funny while I was pressing on Monday, and then we did a lot of arm drags and wrist locks on Tuesday in MMA and I thinkit took a beating. I skipped lifting yesterday and just played soccer instead.  It's really aching bad today. I have MMA today and I nkow we're doing striking, but I'm going to have to get this shoulder in order or I won't be able to do much of anything. 

Wings for dinner tonight. I'm already hungry just thinking about it. 

Well got the news yesterday that I am in fact diabetic.  A1c was 9.6.  Doc is happy with the progress I made in 2 weeks with my diet keeping my sugar under 160 on my own.  Wants to start a low dose of metform to get it lower faster. Than she said we can re visit in 6 weeks to see if I can keep it down on my own with diet and exercise. 

Started in the hospital at 200lbs right now I'm down to 184.  Only real carbs I've had are rice with sushi ( not giving that up) been drinking water home brewed unsweetened Iced tea and some crystal light. Setting my weight goal at 165 for now.  But overall feeling better and sleeping better.  More energy overall 

@LPJR :rofl:

@vdep217 I actually know quite a few folks who have gotten their type 2 diabetes under control with low carb living, ketogenic diets, and even something like an Atkins diet.  It is possible to do.  Exercise plays a big role as well.  Walking, weight lifting, yoga, etc can all help with the process.  Keep it up brother!

Still feeling some shoulder pain today.  I decided to skip MMA last night considering the fact that I could even lift my arm up over my head.  I used the stim on my back, neck and shoulder muscles, then plenty of heat.  I'm doing mobility exercises throughout the day to help, but it's just going to take some time. 

Something to reflect on...I've been extremely stressed out lately and not sleeping well for a few weeks and I've been accumulating all of these nagging little injuries. Not saying there is any causation there, but there could be a correlation that I need to be paying attention to.  I'm trying to unwind a bit this weekend and work on getting some sleep as I heal up.  When we're in a bad state of mind, it can definitely have an impact on our health. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Probably my last upper body weight session before Sundays race. I will do lower body tomorrow morning and probably go back out on the kayak for a bit. Took the kids skiing yesterday at big snow and did 4.3 miles on the kayak at RV today.

20240422_130957.jpg

Edited by Northjerseyoutdoorsman

Starting to feel a little bit better after taking a few days off. I skipped MMA Thursday an dSaturday and haven't lifted either. I played soccer last night and that was fun.  

I think I was just wearing myself down from going too hard and not really recovering enough.  I'm going to MMA tonight, but depending on what we're doing I'll just go as easy as I need to go. 

I am going to put a focus on recovery, de-stressing, mobility and just taking better care of myself overall. Somehow I got a little bit away from that mission and I need to get back to it.  

Cutting back on the gym just a little ,still going 5 days a week ,  stripers coming in, I want to get out after work.  Also treated myself to a first time custom fitted Golf Club - Ping Driver ,and new grips on all my clubs I did myself . So Im looking forward to playing golf again . Gave it up 7 years ago because of a degenerated disc in my lower back but felt great last year playing quite a few times . Water temp rising in the ocean so hoping to get out and surf as well. I cant do the winter surfing out there anymore . The comute to work sucks ! 2-2 1/2  hours home every night makes for a long day , up at 4am but I have alot I want to do in life ! So keep moving guys , enjoy & god bless ..

Edited by Boykin Runner

Feeling pretty good today, although my allergies are definitely starting to kick in.  

Busy day today...it's my wife's birthday so we had cake for breakfast, a tradition our daughter started during COVID lockdown.  I made her a pineapple upside-down cake and it was delicious.  Work will be busy and kind of hard today.  A woman who has worked for me for the company for 11 years and for me for past 3 years is leaving and today is her last day.  She's a fantastic employee and I'm hoping her replacement can fill her shoes.  We're having a party for her at noon. 

Soccer tonight, then I'm grilling some ribeyes for dinner.  Looking forward to being home.