IGNORED

WTB Sausage Stuffer

JimC1965

Waltons or lem online retailers have them. I have a 5 lb waltons vertical stuffer and hardly use it, however, I know I’d kick myself if I got rid of it. It does work great. I’d recommend getting a two speed if you can and make sure it has an air release in the plunger. Hope that helps. 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

8 hours ago, JimC1965 said:

Thanks guys appreciate the help, but was hoping someone had one they wanted to unload so I could try it out and see if it was something I would do often enough to make it pay.

Where are you located? I have an Avantco 11lb stuffer you can try. 

9 hours ago, JimC1965 said:

Thanks guys appreciate the help, but was hoping someone had one they wanted to unload so I could try it out and see if it was something I would do often enough to make it pay.

If your going to make sausage or snack sticks you definitely want one . It is 10 times easier to make stuff using a stuffer than it is fighting a grinder using an attachment .

while I think the 10 pound is the better size , ( we use a lem ) 

this one has great features and will get the job done at a decent price 

9CC9B3E4-2CD1-4BCE-A992-15A1B3787E58.png

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

If your going to make sausage or snack sticks you definitely want one . It is 10 times easier to make stuff using a stuffer than it is fighting a grinder using an attachment .

Hammer, would you recommend one with 2 speed if you were going bigger to 10 lb stuffer?  I am in the searching phase as well.  Thanks for any info

Vertical Stuffer is the way to go.  LEM good pick.   You can pick up casings at shoprite for cheap.  Can buy the same ones they use to make shoprite brand sausage.  Agree with hammer that manual stuffer is way easier to control.  I have a grinder with stuffer attachment and i dont use it.  

On 12/4/2021 at 9:30 AM, Tuck said:

Hammer, would you recommend one with 2 speed if you were going bigger to 10 lb stuffer?  I am in the searching phase as well.  Thanks for any info

You pay dearly for any extras in these things , but every option is worth that up in price if your using it .

my time is worth more than struggling to do stuff the hard way , so I try to buy what I need to do it the quickest possible 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

9 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

You pay dearly for any extras in these things , but every option is worth that up in price if your using it .

my time is worth more than struggling to do stuff the hard way , so I try to buy what I need to do it the quickest possible 

Jeeze:doh2:Simple question one or two speed, yes or no.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Anyone do what I do and just skip the whole stuffing part of sausage making? I didn't want to pay the extra money for a stuffer and deal with casings and all that - I just mix up the sausage and vacuum seal it in 1 pound batches. When I make them, I'll shape them into patties and cook them that way. Half the time when I cook with sausage, I'm cutting the meat out of the casings anyway.

On 12/4/2021 at 5:47 AM, BillW0323 said:

Where are you located? I have an Avantco 11lb stuffer you can try. 

Thank you, I will message you if I decide to take advantage of you generous offer.

On 12/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, hammer4reel said:

Thanks Hammer, this looks like a nice price point for a unit similar to the Lem.