IGNORED

WTB Sausage Stuffer

JimC1965

I have a 1/2 hp  Cabelas grinder and it used to take forever to case sausage, I have a group of family and friends and we usually make 200-300 lbs of sausage twice a year, we now have a Cabelas vertical stuffer 25 lb w two speeds  and stuffing takes half the time, only thing is ours was from before Cabelas merged with Bass Pro, not sure if quality is there now, LEM, and the Sausage Maker have good equipment and supplies

2 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Anyone do what I do and just skip the whole stuffing part of sausage making? I didn't want to pay the extra money for a stuffer and deal with casings and all that - I just mix up the sausage and vacuum seal it in 1 pound batches. When I make them, I'll shape them into patties and cook them that way. Half the time when I cook with sausage, I'm cutting the meat out of the casings anyway.

That works fine for things like breakfast sausage, but for kielbasa, snack stix, hot dogs, salami, etc., the stuffer is the only way to go. I’ve been struggling with my grinder or a jerky maker gun and plan to buy a dedicated stuffer from LEM. 

1 hour ago, Bucksnbows said:

That works fine for things like breakfast sausage, but for kielbasa, snack stix, hot dogs, salami, etc., the stuffer is the only way to go. I’ve been struggling with my grinder or a jerky maker gun and plan to buy a dedicated stuffer from LEM. 

I agree.  These are the 2 I am comparing now

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-ss-7v-7-lb-stainless-steel-vertical-manual-sausage-stuffer-with-13-20-30-and-40mm-stainless-steel-funnels/177SS7V.html

https://www.lemproducts.com/product/mighty-bite-5lb-sausage-stuffers