IGNORED

Any deer butchers in NY Unit 4G?

Herd Buck

Since we can’t bring deer back to NJ was hoping any of you guys that hunt NY may have a butcher recommendation? I’m in Gilboa,  NY it’s DMU 4G, I’ve tried looking online and can’t find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, prefer not to do it myself if I can avoid it. 

PM me if it’s a small operation and your concerned they will get too many deer 

Thanks!

Cargie's Deer Processing in Richmondville

209 W Main St, Richmondville, NY 12149

518-294-6014

About 20 minutes or so from Gilboa

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

We are out of Rockland County NY and a mobile deer processing company, what we offer for those from NJ and hunt NY is meeting you before you enter the state and take the deer to be processed.  If you are from NY and hunt NJ, we do the same.  We have team members in NJ where we can pick and process the deer in NJ.

Check us at.

https://mountainmandeerprocessing.com/

7 hours ago, MountainmanDP said:

We are out of Rockland County NY and a mobile deer processing company, what we offer for those from NJ and hunt NY is meeting you before you enter the state and take the deer to be processed.  If you are from NY and hunt NJ, we do the same.  We have team members in NJ where we can pick and process the deer in NJ.

Check us at.

https://mountainmandeerprocessing.com/

Thanx I will be calling if I get a deer in 3G

However I'm not clear how this works. If I call I'm sure you will have other customers to service. I hunt Sterling Forest.What I'm seeing is you will come there and process the deer while I wait. That could involve a long wait. please advise.

Also what are the prices?

Edited by 230jhp

There is a small general store I’ll ask for butcher recommendations good idea. 

MountainmanDP how do I get there deer back from you? What I’m trying to avoid is a 4-6 hour round trip to pick the processed deer back up. Thanks 

Edited by Herd Buck

15 hours ago, 230jhp said:

Thanx I will be calling if I get a deer in 3G

However I'm not clear how this works. If I call I'm sure you will have other customers to service. I hunt Sterling Forest. What I'm seeing is you will come there and process the deer while I wait. That could involve a long wait. please advise.

Also what are the prices?

We are a mobile deer processor which means we come to you and set up at your home, hunting club, vacation property, etc.  Not sure if its a good idea to process at Sterling Forest. Our trailer is outfitted with everything we need to process your game.  We do not rush the process, provide you YOUR deer back, and give you back your harvest the same way I would expect it to be given back paying someone else to do it.  We do not have a walk in cooler because we are mobile, our process is based all off one deer at time and scheduling.  If you are able to harvest a deer and we have open slots, I would be able to do at my home with my trailer.  If you have ever butchered your  own deer; its not a couple cuts with your knife and your done.  It's a bit of work and our goal is to work as quick as we can to get it done.  

Note that the state does not want a carcass to be transported across state lines, so if you have the ability, knowledge, and time to debone it yourself then you debone where you are then bring across state lines.  To debone a deer is the easy part of the process, its the tedious part of cleaning all the tissue/silver skin etc and providing quality cuts.  So if you can debone it yourself your golden to travel across state lines. 

Prices are listed on our website.  https://mountainmandeerprocessing.com/

Our price is based on giving customers the service of avoiding to have to bring a deer to a butcher and then you having to go pick it up etc.  Its a convenience. 

12 hours ago, Herd Buck said:

MountainmanDP how do I get there deer back from you? What I’m trying to avoid is a 4-6 hour round trip to pick the processed deer back up. Thanks 

From start to finish our goal is to ever the deer you harvest down between 1-2 hours pending on how you want it back.  If we have slots open and can process you can have use come to your location etc and we would have it done between the 1-2 hr time window.