IGNORED

Action Park

OldMenRule

58 minutes ago, tick trawler said:

The alpine slide was my favorite.  It required a bit of calculation and restraint to prevent an accident.  The concrete runways didn't have high enough berms and were often taken at high speed leading to injuries caused by a combination of stupidity, speed, jagged rocks, steep hills, and outcroppings of large rocks.

I eventually tried the very high water slide.  I didn't like it.   The go-carts were fun but the lines to get in were always long.

A friend was a victim of the dreaded Alpine Slide. Broke his ankle of course he was so loaded he didn't even realize it. 

Our 9th grade graduation/ class trip was to Action Park around 1980.......a few kids went home bruised and bloodied........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

5 hours ago, Michael Britt said:

I got saved by a woman while drowning there, went on a waterslide without knowing how to swim...was very young YMCA camp I think.

Some of those slides would launch you from a good height down into ice cold water that was 12-14 feet deep.  Most people wouldn't be expecting a drop from those heights or an icy plunge into water that deep.  

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  :rofl:

7 minutes ago, cantw82start said:

I worked there in high school, used to average at least 1 fatality a year, between Action Park and the ski resorts.

Greta place to work as a kid though, lots of crazy stories!

I worked at Great Adventure when I was in HS. Back then it was all HS kids working there. It was a Great adventure of my life.