IGNORED

Sea Urchin

MRMCR

Went out for Valentines day and it was a prix fixe   meal with choices for the various courses.......for the entree it was fresh cod, lamb shank or a sushi etc. assortment about 12 pieces , my daughter went with the sushi......it included sea urchin, she gave it to me, never had it and quite unusual, I would probably never order it......the chef there says he loves it.......kind of a yellow semi sweet mush.........

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

3 hours ago, MRMCR said:

Went out for Valentines day and it was a prix fixe   meal with choices for the various courses.......for the entree it was fresh cod, lamb shank or a sushi etc. assortment about 12 pieces , my daughter went with the sushi......it included sea urchin, she gave it to me, never had it and quite unusual, I would probably never order it......the chef there says he loves it.......kind of a yellow semi sweet mush.........

I would eat almost any kind of sea food. My favorite is Portuguese Fish Soup, raw oysters. I have never had sea urchin but most certainly would try it.

Edited by bushden

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

I love sea urchins, but they have to be incredibly fresh to get the real pleasing taste which is as MRMCR says, kinda like semi-sweet mush. But if real fresh it's kind of nutty too.  They should be even fresher than the best fish around them at a sushi place. And sea urchins right out of the reef with a squirt of lime are great. They're also great if you're snorkeling and want to see lots of fish--pull one out gingerly, break it up with a rock, and put it out and watch the fish go nuts. When I snorkeled with my son when he was younger I'd always do this for him. 

And, yeah, what's gonna happen when the cocoa puffs top at Walmart? Hunters and fishermen will be a in a good spot. But if the crowds in WMAs and parks this year tell us anything, it's that our lands can't handle an overload of foragers. Not enough land, and too many people. Agriculture made us what we are.