IGNORED

Union County Deer Hunting: Shotgun, Bow Hunts Returning to 14 Towns in 2020-21

BowhunterNJ

great news and STATEN ISLAND should take note...

This is the one excerpt I don't understand from the article - 

"The $19,515 allocated for the deer management hunts will go toward bait and costs for butchering deer carcasses, the resolution says. Venison not harvested by hunters will be transported to a butcher contracted by the county and then donated to those in need through the Community FoodBank of NJ.."

If not harvested by hunters, then by whom and what method?    What am I missing?

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 minute ago, JHbowhunter said:

"The $19,515 allocated for the deer management hunts will go toward bait and costs for butchering deer carcasses, the resolution says. Venison not harvested by hunters will be transported to a butcher contracted by the county and then donated to those in need through the Community FoodBank of NJ.."

If not harvested by hunters, then by whom and what method?    What am I missing?

Sounds to me like contract kills. NOT GOOD

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

9 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Misprint.

All deer harvested by hunters that are donated by the hunters will be processed and distributed to the needy through the Community Food Bank.

Win-win.

New Jersey State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

http://www.njsfsc.org/

9 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I think they are allocating funds in the event hunters donate the deer, they have funds to process for the food bank.  

As a Cranford resident in Union County .......help we are being overrun........I have even seen deer parking spots next to the handicap spots at the stores........Hostas are becoming an endangered plant species.........Middlesex county has a ton as well Edison is loaded , I have seen some monsters  on Tingley rd............ 

ESTATESALESBYOLGA.COM    ALWAYS BUYING ANTIQUE AND VINTAGE ITEMS  CALL 908 868 8236 MIKE

16 minutes ago, MRMCR said:

As a Cranford resident in Union County .......help we are being overrun

From the article, here's the population estimates... :shock: (I'm trying to envision what 205 deer per square mile looks like!!!):

* 66 deer per square mile in the Watching reservation
* 163 per square mile in and around Lenape and Nomahegan Parks
* 93 per square mile in and around Ash Brook Reservation and Oak Ridge Park
* 205 deer per square in and around Hawk Rise Sanctuary and Linden Municipal Landfill
* 188 deer per square mile in Elizabeth River Park.