IGNORED

Can you hunt with ML under Shotgun Permit?

Lunatic

it’s a smooth bore muzzleloading pistol!!! 

You seem to be fixated on leaving out words, which then you try to manipulate into a different meaning, that’s not the way the regulations work, or the laws. 
Listen, your entire premise is flawed. 
first, the  “muzzloader” season is based on rifles, that’s why it’s called muzzleloader rifle season, and why you need a “rifle” permit to participate. 
Because you’re allowed to use a muzzleloading shotgun during the shotgun  season, doesn’t automatically translate to you using a smooth bore muzzleloading pistol. 

Second, You’re citing F&W regulations,  which are not the entirety of the law. 

I'm mainly taking about the subject of this thread. Can a muzzleloader be used with a shotgun permit.  

The law and regs say smoothbore PERIOD.  And buckshot sizes OR single projectile. 

It also specifically says "no rifles" 

This in the NJ legal definition of a rifle...

"m."Rifle" means any firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder and using the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger."

Does any smoothbore have a rifled bore? No! So it's not a rifle.  The law and regulations do not specify a barrel length of a smoothbore.  The law and regs allow a smoothbore to be used during the permit shotgun season.  The pistol is a smoothbore. If there is a law that says no pistols allowed for hunting I haven't found it.  Maybe one of you can show me?

Edited by nickmarch

4 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

It doesn't say muzzle loading shotgun it says smoothbore.

It doesn’t have to say everything you feel it should say. 
you’re leaving out words again, in this case “shotgun.”

Its a smooth bore shotgun you’re allowed to use, because it’s during the shotgun season, not simply a smooth bore. That’s where your premise is wrong. 
And the definition of a legal shotgun to hunt with in NJ is a minimum 18.5” barrel length. 

Edited by Pathman

Just now, Pathman said:

I quit, you only see what you want to see and fail to see what’s actually there. 

good luck, and don’t even think about starting a Go Fund Me for your bail!!!🤪

First off if you even get pulled over going to where ever it is you hunt in nj with a pistol in your vehicle you going to jail. I to  done here. Is hard to believe your as old as you say you are 

1 minute ago, smittty said:

First off if you even get pulled over going to where ever it is you hunt in nj with a pistol in your vehicle you going to jail. I to  done here. Is hard to believe your as old as you say you are 

AGAIN... I read the pistol laws. They direct you to Chapter 39 exceptions. There is an exception for hunting! Just like there is an exception for having a shotgun 

11 minutes ago, Pathman said:

I quit, you only see what you want to see and fail to see what’s actually there. 

good luck, and don’t even think about starting a Go Fund Me for your bail!!!🤪

I'm the one that sees what's there. I see a smoothbore muzzleloader you see a smoothbore shotgun.

You won’t stop eh? Ok, let’s try this route. 
Is a pistol grip shotgun legal in NJ?  The answer would be no. 
So how do you intend to hunt with an illegal firearm?

The F&W regs do not supersede the firearm laws as it pertains to legal firearms. 

and where’s this handgun  exemption you continue to mention?