IGNORED

Can you hunt with ML under Shotgun Permit?

Lunatic

Why do you keep saying shotgun?  I'm talking about smoothbore muzzleloaders. Chapter 39 of the NJ Statutes shows exceptions. 

F&w regs are not supposed to supersede laws but they make and enforce regs that are contrary to the laws.  The law says you can and the regs say you can't. The law says you can't and the regs say you can.  F&W ignores the laws they are required to follow.

2 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Why do you keep saying shotgun?  I'm talking about smoothbore muzzleloaders. Chapter 39 of the NJ Statutes shows exceptions. 

F&w regs are not supposed to supersede laws but they make and enforce regs that are contrary to the laws.  The law says you can and the regs say you can't. The law says you can't and the regs say you can.  F&W ignores the laws they are required to follow.

My last response.  It is a permit shot gun season,  a smothe bore black powder shot gun is a shot gun a black powder smooth bore pistol is not a shot gun,  you can not hunt with a pistol during a shot gun permit season..  there there is the end.  That's what this was about hunting with the smooth bore pistol..

The laws and regulations say smoothbore muzzleloader in a range of calipers are allowed.  It doesn't say shotgun.   It doesn't say shotgun muzzleloader.  It specified certain powders are allowed for muzzleloaders. It does not specify barrel length. 

Both guns that I posted are smoothbore muzzleloaders.  

3 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The laws and regulations say smoothbore muzzleloader in a range of calipers are allowed.  It doesn't say shotgun.   It doesn't say shotgun muzzleloader.  It specified certain powders are allowed for muzzleloaders. It does not specify barrel length. 

Both guns that I posted are smoothbore muzzleloaders.  

Correct but the one u have pictured is not a shot gun it is a pistol there for not a shot gun for SHOTGUN PERMIT

1.  Persons who are properly licensed may hunt for deer with a muzzleloader rifle during the six day firearm deer season and the permit muzzleloader rifle deer season. Persons who are properly licensed may hunt for black bear with a muzzleloader rifle during a prescribed black bear season. Muzzleloader rifles used for hunting deer or black bear are restricted to single-shot single barreled weapons with flintlock or percussion actions, shall not be less than .44 caliber and shall fire a single missile or projectile. Only one muzzleloader rifle may be possessed while hunting. Double barrel and other types of muzzleloader rifles capable of firing more than one shot without reloading or holding more than one charge are prohibited. Persons who are properly licensed may hunt for deer with a single-shot, single barreled, flintlock or percussion action, smoothbore muzzleloader during the permit muzzleloader rifle season. Single shot, smoothbore muzzleloaders used during the permit muzzleloader season shall fire a single missile or projectile and shall not be smaller than 20 gauge or larger than 10 gauge. Double barrel and other types of smoothbore muzzleloaders capable of firing more than one shot without reloading or holding more than one charge are prohibited during the permit muzzleloader season. Persons who are properly licensed may hunt deer with double barrel, smoothbore muzzleloader during the six day firearm and permit shotgun deer seasons. Smoothbore muzzleloaders used for deer hunting during the six day firearm and permit shotgun deer seasons shall not be smaller than 20 gauge or larger than 10 gauge, and shall fire a single missile or projectile, or buckshot no smaller than No. 4 (.24 inch) or larger than 000 (.36 inch). Only one muzzleloader rifle or smoothbore muzzleloader may be possessed while deer hunting.

I see smoothbore muzzleloader and muzzleloader rifle two different things. Tell me what's illegal about the smoothbore that I posted.

Smoothbore muzzleloaders used for deer hunting during the six day firearm and permit shotgun deer seasons shall not be smaller than 20 gauge or larger than 10 gauge, and shall fire a single missile or projectile, or buckshot no smaller than No. 4 (.24 inch) or larger than 000 (.36 inch). Only one muzzleloader rifle or smoothbore muzzleloader may be possessed while deer hunting.

The guns that I posted are smoothbore muzzleloaders. Correct?  Above are the regulations show me what's illegal about the smoothbore muzzleloaders that I posted.

5 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Show me where it says shotgun???  It says smoothbore muzzleloader it does not say smoothbore shotgun.

It is a shot gun permit not a smooth bore muzzle loader permit..  good luck doing it as you will have more charges than just hunting with an illegal weapon

Just now, vdep217 said:

It is a shot gun permit not a smooth bore muzzle loader permit..  good luck doing it as you will have more charges than just hunting with an illegal weapon

That's really lame.  The regs clearly State that a smoothbore muzzleloader can be used during the permit shotgun season

That's really lame.  The regs clearly State that a smoothbore muzzleloader can be used during the permit shotgun season

No that's what it says shot gun permit, and also that is smaller than 20 guage so you are wrong there as well

3 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

The other gun shoots a .36 projectile also specified as legal to use.

No it’s not! If you’re using a smooth bore, it’s not a rifle, as you also stated numerous times. So if it’s not a rifle, it is simply a muzzleloader correct? As such, it can not be smaller then a 20 ga., which is clearly stated.