IGNORED

Can you hunt with ML under Shotgun Permit?

Lunatic

Dement

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

nickmarch, You may ultimately win in Court but after a time consuming and costly defense. Is it worth it?

1 minute ago, archer36 said:

nickmarch, You may ultimately win in Court but after a time consuming and costly defense. Is it worth it?

He won't win the law is clear 

2 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Again a pistol is s pistol not legal for hunting

Show me where it says that a pistol is not legal for hunting.  

If you read the link that I posted earlier and understand what you read you will agree with me.

If you read the exceptions in chapter 39 you would agree.  You want to tell me what you "think" but I go with what I read in the laws.

6 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Its not that costly if you defend yourself.  Ive done it numerous times and have not lost a case.  Ive gone up against major firms and won.  

What are they going to charge me with? Not violating the laws?  This could be dropped on a motion to dismiss for no standing.

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

Its not that costly if you defend yourself.  Ive done it numerous times and have not lost a case.  Ive gone up against major firms and won.  

What are they going to charge me with? Not violating the laws?  This could be dropped on a motion to dismiss for no standing.

It is a silly idea no matter what. There are a lot better options. 

1 hour ago, nickmarch said:

Keep saying it but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to show me a law that says it is illegal.  I showed the law showing it is not illegal.

No you didn’t. What you pointed out is one sentence in the description of the regulation where they failed to follow the word “muzzleloader” with the word “shotgun,” as in the first sentence of the paragraph below. 
There are so many ways using that pistol is illegal it’s a joke, without getting into all the nonsense, the first thing that makes it illegal, in the context of the F&W regs, is that it’s smaller then a .20 ga., which the regs clearly state as the minimum for a smooth bore. 

Youre trying to make something “legal by omission,” because there’s a word left out of the description. 
A pistol is a pistol, and it’s illegal to hunt with in Nj, period. 
For example, let’s say you killed someone by some crazy means, let’s say like you taped someone to a target and used them for target practice.  Because that particular method of murdering someone is not listed in the murder statute, you think you won’t be charged with murder? Is that your premise? 
You better start saving for your bail fund now!!!🤨
54FEF71C-F8CE-4386-9DC2-0FE4131AB76B.thumb.png.3350d983c5fa8e2ac160bad3de5c3458.png

3 minutes ago, Pathman said:

No you didn’t. What you pointed out is one sentence in the description of the regulation where they failed to follow the word “muzzleloader” with the word “shotgun,” as in the first sentence of the paragraph below. 
There are so many ways using that pistol is illegal it’s a joke, without getting into all the nonsense, the first thing that makes it illegal, in the context of the F&W regs, is that it’s smaller then a .20 ga., which the regs clearly state as the minimum for a smooth bore. 

Youre trying to make something “legal by omission,” because there’s a word left out of the description. 
A pistol is a pistol, and it’s illegal to hunt with in Nj, period. 
For example, let’s say you killed someone by some crazy means, let’s say like you taped someone to a target and used them for target practice.  Because that particular method of murdering someone is not listed in the murder statute, you think you won’t be charged with murder? Is that your premise? 
You better start saving for your bail fund now!!!🤨
54FEF71C-F8CE-4386-9DC2-0FE4131AB76B.thumb.png.3350d983c5fa8e2ac160bad3de5c3458.png

Cut me a break!  The same regulation also says "or a single projectile" The pistol laws have exceptions.  One of the exceptions is hunting with a hunting license.

As far as showing the law I linked to the laws.

15 minutes ago, archer36 said:

It is a silly idea no matter what. There are a lot better options. 

It is silly but it would also be cool to use a smoothbore muzzleloader to bag a deer.  That is what they allow!  A smooth bore with specific caliper sizes. And again it does say "no rifles" 

1 minute ago, nickmarch said:

It is silly but it would also be cool to use a smoothbore muzzleloader to bag a deer.  That is what they allow!  A smooth bore with specific caliper sizes. And again it does say "no rifles" 

OK great Post up pictures of your hunt. 

3 minutes ago, nickmarch said:

Cut me a break!  The same regulation also says "or a single projectile" The pistol laws have exceptions.  One of the exceptions is hunting with a hunting license.

As far as showing the law I linked to the laws.

What are you talking about?
Listen cut US a break with your asinine theory. If you’re so sure of yourself, get the pistol and go hunt and we’ll see how it works out for you! 

Just now, nickmarch said:

It's not a theory it is what the regulations and law says.  Maybe you should read them before replying.

I did read it, and i posted a pic of what you think allows you to hunt with a pistol. 
You’ll have to do better then that, show us exactly what you think enables you to hunt with a pistol? 

That pistol is a smoothbore muzzleloader correct?  The law says...

"Smoothbore muzzleloaders used for deer hunting during the six day firearm and permit shotgun deer seasons shall not be smaller than 20 gauge or larger than 10 gauge, and shall fire a single missile or projectile, or buckshot no smaller than No. 4 (.24 inch) or larger than 000 (.36 inch)."

It also says...

"Only one muzzleloader rifle or smoothbore muzzleloader may be possessed while deer hunting."

The legsl definition of a rifle is that it's shot from the shoulder. 

The digest says...

"Muzzleloader: single or double barrel smoothbore only (no rifles) "

Pistol laws have exceptions one being for hunting with a hunting license.