IGNORED

Not how I visioned my hunt

tcook8296

10 hours ago, tcook8296 said:

I dont need to sell anything. 

Im already attracting and killing some of the better bucks in the neighborhood. 

2 150s and  a 160 on the ground in 2 years is proof I can do it on a small property. I saw an absolute giant coming off my farm yesterday. Most likely that deer will still be there next year because the neighbors most likely will never kill a deer like that.  The ground and quality of bucks have been improving every year since EHD hammered the herd back in 2013. I invest a lot of time and money into what I do to hunt big bucks. 

Sloppy hunting neighbors can help you and hurt you. 

Just making a suggestion considering the animosity you have towards your NJ and Illinois neighbors. Like I said every piece of property has pitfalls and in most cases you can't change it, so why get upset? Some of the properties I hunt have the brown and down mentality but I still kill my share of nice bucks fighting against the odds:up:

41 minutes ago, bucky said:

Just making a suggestion considering the animosity you have towards your NJ and Illinois neighbors. Like I said every piece of property has pitfalls and in most cases you can't change it, so why get upset? Some of the properties I hunt have the brown and down mentality but I still kill my share of nice bucks fighting against the odds:up:

Neighbors do suck. Especially when its their guests that dont have a dime invested in anything come hunt for free and go on a shooting spree and then go back home with no regards for anything. The property has such great potential to see disrespectful slob hunters is enough to piss anyone off. 

www.liftxrentals.com

12 hours ago, beaverman said:

Where was the injury to the leg?  I have used some tags over the years on deer I wouldn't have taken under normal circumstances due to them having an injury.  I have also seen them overcome some pretty bad injuries.  Its a tough call when you see something like that.

Id rather not post pics of injuries for obvious reasons. Trust me, I can let deer walk. I had numerous encounters with this buck and is by no means a shooter buck on my farm. 

I could have shot bigger deer on every day of my 3 day hunt and I passed. For me to part with my gun tag and end my hunt in an area that could produce a world class whitetail at any momentx I would rather have the opportunity to hunt those last 3 hours and eat the tag. 

My 2 best whitetails ever were shot on the last day of my hunt

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

You did the right thing and you manage your property like a pro. Keep the cover and the yahooos next door will drive all deer onto your property. 

I follow your story on making your property better. You are doing the right thing and it sounds like you have plenty of bucks roaming around . 

They will get educated by the people next door and hide in your sanctuary