IGNORED

When do farmer permits expire this year?

tcook8296

Last year it was my understanding with an extension they could go to Nov 15th. 

All the corn around me has been down for a month now except for this guys corn.  

You would think for a farmer to claim a deer problem to leave a crop standing longer than needed is losing crop every day it stands. 

www.liftxrentals.com

16 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

You would think for a farmer to claim a deer problem to leave a crop standing longer than needed is losing crop every day it stands. 

If you harvest corn early you then need to dry it before storage, spending big buck on fuel to do it. If you let the corn sit to late winter the corn does not need to be dried but you loses some to deer. My farmer claims its cheaper and less work to let deer have little more.

32 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

November 15 sounds right. It definitely does not extend into a firearms season. 

3 hours ago, archer36 said:

November 15 sounds right. It definitely does not extend into a firearms season. 

Ive seen this before. As soon as they cut that strip along the road the drive by shooting begins

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I know we are deer hunters but my family still has a dairy farm in NJ . about 700 acres of alpha fa and 200 acres of corn.

The deer actually are like rats to them. They eat what they need to feed their cows. The more they eat the more food they have to buy! 

They would like every deer dead if they had their choice.   This is one reason i do not hunt the farm or surrounding area anymore. 

Before the permits it was the best place to hunt you could ever ask for. ( 40 years ago) 

15 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I know we are deer hunters but my family still has a dairy farm in NJ . about 700 acres of alpha fa and 200 acres of corn.

The deer actually are like rats to them. They eat what they need to feed their cows. The more they eat the more food they have to buy! 

They would like every deer dead if they had their choice.   This is one reason i do not hunt the farm or surrounding area anymore. 

Before the permits it was the best place to hunt you could ever ask for. ( 40 years ago) 

Of course. I any of us put time and money to feed our animals,  and some critter just ate it, we may feel the same way. No one likes losing money 

I'm not sure if this info will even help, but could you call one of these guys to find out exactly?

These numbers came from the Deer Management and the Farmers brochure.

Questions? Contact NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife Bureau of Wildlife Management

Jodi Powers (Northern NJ)

Jodi.Powers@dep.nj.gov

609-259-6965

Joe Leskie (Southern NJ)

Joe.Leskie@dep.nj.gov

609-748-2043

My "Handle" is not my aim, I'm paralyzed as a C 4-5 quadriplegic.

18 minutes ago, Cripple Shot said:

I'm not sure if this info will even help, but could you call one of these guys to find out exactly?

These numbers came from the Deer Management and the Farmers brochure.

Questions? Contact NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife Bureau of Wildlife Management

Jodi Powers (Northern NJ)

Jodi.Powers@dep.nj.gov

609-259-6965

Joe Leskie (Southern NJ)

Joe.Leskie@dep.nj.gov

609-748-2043

Thanks for the info

www.liftxrentals.com