IGNORED

Iowa deer tag application period...

I should start for when I don’t get my Kansas tag

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

6 minutes ago, Zipper said:

About time Kansas cuts back on deer tags. Sucks if you don't draw, but necessary for quality future hunts!

A lot of damage has been done already. When I started hunting Kansas many years ago I would rate it at a 10 then. Now it is a 4 imo. They chased the almighty non-resident hunter dollarsΒ over the quality of their deer herd. Fields that would have 30 deer in it might have 1 or 2 in it now.Β :down:

35 minutes ago, rocky said:

A lot of damage has been done already. When I started hunting Kansas many years ago I would rate it at a 10 then. Now it is a 4 imo. They chased the almighty non-resident hunter dollarsΒ over the quality of their deer herd. Fields that would have 30 deer in it might have 1 or 2 in it now.Β :down:

Do you think those fields have less deer in them because there are that many less deer or is it from pressure?Β Β Β Β  All it takes is one idiot hunting a field late afternoon with the wrong wind and then spooking them when they get down, to have that same effect.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

6 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Do you think those fields have less deer in them because there are that many less deer or is it from pressure?Β Β Β Β  All it takes is one idiot hunting a field late afternoon with the wrong wind and then spooking them when they get down, to have that same effect.

Less deer for sure and too many non resident hunters. Even the private I have access to hasΒ very few deer on it now.Β 

Think about this. Non resident hunters come in waves and everyone of them has to scout and put up stands. It doesnt take the deer too long to figure it is a good time to get out of dodge especially on public ground.

Plus many hunters go to Kansas and other big buck states with dreams of putting their tag on a true trophy buck but, then they shootΒ a year and a half old 8 point towards the end of their hunt? Quality of a good hunt has been going down for years now.

I have two Iowa points...Β  Not sure what I am doing.Β  I suppose I should just get the 3rd point, but don't think I am going there this year.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

I have two Iowa points...Β  Not sure what I am doing.Β  I suppose I should just get the 3rd point, but don't think I am going there this year.

Buy the 3rd point like I did. When you are ready for that bowhunt, you will be good to go

www.liftxrentals.com

Hunting is still awesome in Kansas where I am at and never have a problem with hunters,Β seeing deer etc. It will suck when I don’t draw but I get it. They have not lowered the amount of tags they are giving out,Β there is just a higher demand.Β 

Edited by Live to Hunt

πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

58 minutes ago, midwestxpress said:

Iowa has been going down hill in the last 5-7 yrs. also. Its been a combination of things like listed above. EHD really topped it off. Don't get me wrong it's still my favorite place to hunt, but the early 2000s it was just incredible.Β 

Disappointing to hear for sure. Hopefully it picks back up. I planned on hunting a specific outfitter & they sold.Β