IGNORED

Old Remington sxs

smittty

I have what I believe is a model 1900 best I ca tell it was made in 1902 I would call it good to very good it has poured fluid steel barrels with are rare and are 26 inch I don't know the size of the chokes but a dime fits with plenty of room so  maybe sk-sk or mod I know these guns are hard to come by in good working conditions I am open to offers if any one is into old Remington's  pm me and I could send pics to your phone thanks smittty 

1 hour ago, smittty said:

I have what I believe is a model 1900 best I ca tell it was made in 1902 I would call it good to very good it has poured fluid steel barrels with are rare and are 26 inch I don't know the size of the chokes but a dime fits with plenty of room so  maybe imp/mod I know these guns are hard to come by in good working conditions I am open to offers if any one is into old Remington's  pm me and I could send pics to your phone thanks smittty 

The current edition of Blue Book of gun values has them as:

grade K    & KD    $1,500 in 95% condition down to $100 in 10%

grade KE & KED $2,200 in 95% condition down to $$250 in 10%

I hunt with and like the old SxS's and would be interested in looking at it, determining a price and maybe buying it. I live near 6 Flags and will PM my phone number.

Bob

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

Whomever buys it just be aware you can not use modern shells! It will blow up in your face as it’s not meant to handle modern pressures. RST sells low pressure loads that can be used with the gun through.

I have a standard model 1900 I love, bought really cheap at Cheyenne. They are really well balanced good pointing guns. GLWS

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

Smitty, sorry if I misspoke. I brought mine to an old gunsmith to have it checked out and he put the fear of God into me about it. Lol I know they came with several different barrels so that may have just been the type of barrels on mine.

I should be working ... there's always tomorrow

2 ¾" shells in 2 ⅝" or 2 ½" chambers do not open fully causing excess pressure which is not good and it increases recoil as well.

Buy RST low pressure shells in 2 ½" and you will be good to go.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.