IGNORED

Good Article on Hunting Trends in the U.S.

archer36

20 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

and there you have it - he summed up what I believe the #1 reason for declining participation. It's a product of society, there is only so much we can do.  I could make up some numbers and say that in born in the 60s and 70s,  90% or more of kids born into sportsman families carried on that tradition, and kids born in the 90s and 2000's, only have a 30% continuation rate.

Again - those are just made up number to reinforce Gobblengrunt's point. 

It is hard for kids to bite on hunting when it is pounded into their heads that guns are bad and hunters are evil.

Edited by Lunatic

• 8 months later...

Interesting article...Hopefully I can help reversing that trend. I am a new hunter and think this forum is fabulous source of knowledge. Thank you all for your wisdom.

I am taking my Hunter Ed course of Nov. 9. I am an eagle scout and have plenty of time in woods but never hunted. I live in Cherry Hill and will move to New Brunswick in January 2020. I am looking to learn hunting with shotgun. Small game or big game, I just want some good eats.

Does anyone have an interest in showing this new guy the ropes? @Gobblengrunt and @Live to Hunt , you both mention mentoring the right person. I know i'm not your bloodline or may not be "as nuts as you" but i'm happy to share my meat in exchange for some wisdom. Please and thank you!

14 minutes ago, FishHuntEat said:

Interesting article...Hopefully I can help reversing that trend. I am a new hunter and think this forum is fabulous source of knowledge. Thank you all for your wisdom.

I am taking my Hunter Ed course of Nov. 9. I am an eagle scout and have plenty of time in woods but never hunted. I live in Cherry Hill and will move to New Brunswick in January 2020. I am looking to learn hunting with shotgun. Small game or big game, I just want some good eats.

Does anyone have an interest in showing this new guy the ropes? @Gobblengrunt and @Live to Hunt , you both mention mentoring the right person. I know i'm not your bloodline or may not be "as nuts as you" but i'm happy to share my meat in exchange for some wisdom. Please and thank you!

I will now dub thee the Herpes of NJW&W....  It was no easy feat! Congrats!🥳

Edited by MZ7Extreme

I guess I have been lucky, my son has gun and bow hunted since he was 10. He just visited from college and bow hunted 2 of the 3 days he was here. My daughter has tagged along for rabbit and pheasant since she was 8. Both fish with me every chance they get also. One of my sons friends just completed his hunter safety course, he is 18 years old and just getting into it from tagging along with my son.  The majority of my sons friends have no interest. 

AWM

1 hour ago, FishHuntEat said:

I said I don’t have patience to mentor give your meat to MGHunter66

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈