IGNORED

Start Your Vehicles ASAP

archer36

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yes I’m going to keep it as long as I can. 154,000 miles now. Bought new in 99. Manual trans original clutch.

I sold mine (regular cab long bed SRW F350) with 200K for $8,000 :crying: AFAIK the new owner still has it going strong-must be up over 300K by now.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Nice truck.  I have a 2012 F250 with the 6.2L gas now.  Great engine, tons of power, etc...but I miss the sound of my 7.3L  I'll never own another diesel unless its a 7.3L.  I deal with all of the new diesel issues at work (twin turbos, DEF systems, particulate filters, etc...) and they're nothing but a hassle anymore.  We need them for our purposes, but for a personal truck I don't need the headaches and could not justify the repair bills.  

Sooo, do you recommend removing all the emissions stuff? I have a 2017 Ford 6.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Farmshine said:

Sooo, do you recommend removing all the emissions stuff? I have a 2017 Ford 6.7

I don't know enough about the various emissions delete packages that are out there but I have heard that you can simplify things a lot.  We cannot use them and have to deal with the trucks as they are.  Emissions aside though, these new diesels are incredibly complex and seemingly fragile.  We stick to maintenance intervals like gospel, use the recommended lube oil, are very careful about water in fuel, etc...because unlike the older diesels that would tolerate lax oil change intervals, dirty fuel, etc...with the 6.7L you're asking for a nasty repair bill.  When I was looking for my personal truck I started reading about how when buying a used diesel you really needed to scrutinize maintenance records for this reason.  I decided it was too much of a risk and went with the 6.2L gas instead.  

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive