IGNORED

When did things change so much

vdep217

I yelled it a few times hanging with my buddy across the street. I rarely do speak to them. In fact since the election they rarely speak to me. As you can tell I'm deeply saddened by this lol.  And no I believe I had a dri fit eagles tee shirt khaki shorts and a 500 dollar watch.  And a red bull can I dont drink. 

6 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

I yelled it a few times hanging with my buddy across the street. I rarely do speak to them. In fact since the election they rarely speak to me. As you can tell I'm deeply saddened by this lol.

That's terrible-sorry your family is such a mess.

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive

Mentioned your adopting problem to my wife, and she said her sister didn't even get a response when trying to adopt multiple times.  She finally talked to someone, and they told her she was too old.  Early 70's, husband there too, and home all the time.  There's got to be something else going on to make these excuses.  Like they really don't have dogs, but want people to think they do just for the donations.

17 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Mentioned your adopting problem to my wife, and she said her sister didn't even get a response when trying to adopt multiple times.  She finally talked to someone, and they told her she was too old.  Early 70's, husband there too, and home all the time.  There's got to be something else going on to make these excuses.  Like they really don't have dogs, but want people to think they do just for the donations.

Unfortunately, NJ has plenty to adopt. NJ is one of the leaders in the country (adoptions is one thing this state does well) as far as adoptions. They constantly bring dogs from down south to NJ for adoptions. It is a never ending cycle. Most of the adoption groups are certified non profit. So they get to make their own rules. I know of one county shelter that asks if you plan on declawing a cat if adopted. If you answer yes-- they will not allow you to adopt. Unfortunately, there are many cases where people return or release an animal they adopted because of many reasons and one of the common ones is exactly like Vito's situation. People state the dog did things because nobody was home, or the dog was having anxiety because nobody was home, etc. I worked with shelters and adoption groups for 9 years and understand why they have rules that me and you may not agree with.  If you think those donations go very far- you are very mistaken. Most of those people really do a lot of free services and volunteer work.  

8 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Unfortunately, NJ has plenty to adopt. NJ is one of the leaders in the country (adoptions is one thing this state does well) as far as adoptions. They constantly bring dogs from down south to NJ for adoptions. It is a never ending cycle. Most of the adoption groups are certified non profit. So they get to make their own rules. I know of one county shelter that asks if you plan on declawing a cat if adopted. If you answer yes-- they will not allow you to adopt. Unfortunately, there are many cases where people return or release an animal they adopted because of many reasons and one of the common ones is exactly like Vito's situation. People state the dog did things because nobody was home, or the dog was having anxiety because nobody was home, etc. I worked with shelters and adoption groups for 9 years and understand why they have rules that me and you may not agree with.  If you think those donations go very far- you are very mistaken. Most of those people really do a lot of free services and volunteer work.  

I get it but with proof of 2 long term dogs both raised from 8 weeks to be denied is beyond me..   I will keep looking and when it's meant to be it will happen

26 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I get it but with proof of 2 long term dogs both raised from 8 weeks to be denied is beyond me..   I will keep looking and when it's meant to be it will happen

Just try a different adoption group or shelter. They really do operate differently. What one has issues with the other may not. I have heard the many horror stories, seen the pictures and saw somethings first hand. Unfortunately, those with good hearts, great backgrounds pay the price because of those that are exactly the opposite of us. Good luck in your search.