IGNORED

When did things change so much

vdep217

So after pondering it for a bit both before and after the passing of my rotti.  Me and the wife decided to put in an application to adopt a puppy..  long story short we were denied because we go to work every day..  don't get me wrong I under stand that they want to make sure a dog won't be abused or neglected ..  I have raised and trained several dogs from puppies and they all have been well mannered and listen..  to tell me I can't adopt a puppy because it will be home from 830 to 130 alone is rediculous..  the response was they feel a puppy is more suited for an active family with stay at home parents...  so if I was unemployed and unable to afford a puppy I could get one.. they did offer an adult dog they feel would fit me better..  now some here have met my dogs n know how they are..  they were in crate during the day with no Illeffects from  7 am to 2 while they were puppies until house broken..  I worked with my lab for 20 min before work and an hour after for obedience and for birds...     this is how my dad showed me when I was young and he was training our family pets..  I will also add that I brought and still bring my lab every where with me as my father did.              

sorry about the rant but I had to vent

That is just to stupid to be understood.

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

It’s because you go on liberal deemed inappropriate websites like nj woods and water! They can’t risk the dog doing things outdoors like dogs are supposed to. To add insult to your situation my brother in law ( lib to the fullest) was accepted to adopt a dog and he and his wife both work full time! They were coming to do a house inspection and he asked me to leave so I wouldn’t offend the shelter workers lol. So to be a dick I stood across the street and yelled things like hey wanna go hunting later!!  Believe me he didn’t have to ask twice for me to leave!

I think things "changed so much" when people began "adopting" and "rescuing" dogs.  The only question I've ever been asked by a breeder is "cash, check, or credit card?"  Find a reputable breeder and get a dog that you know the history on, etc...  

35 minutes ago, Coyoteslayer said:

It’s because you go on liberal deemed inappropriate websites like nj woods and water! They can’t risk the dog doing things outdoors like dogs are supposed to. To add insult to your situation my brother in law ( lib to the fullest) was accepted to adopt a dog and he and his wife both work full time! They were coming to do a house inspection and he asked me to leave so I wouldn’t offend the shelter workers lol. So to be a dick I stood across the street and yelled things like hey wanna go hunting later!!  Believe me he didn’t have to ask twice for me to leave!

If I had that little respect for my sister and the guy she married I just wouldn't speak to them.  As sad as that would be, it would solve the problem of getting into situations like this.  Getting asked to leave and then standing across the street yelling things at the house sounds like a bad episode of "COPS."  How long did you stand there?  What did your wife/sister say?  Were you wearing a dirty guinea tee and holding a can of Meister Brau at the time?

Edited by Swamp_Yankee

I live back in the woods you see

My woman and the kids and the dogs and me

I got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive