IGNORED

Range report. Remington AccuTip vs Remington premier expander Barnes

I agree with the Barnes they are deadly been using them in my muzzlelloaders for over 22 years

But be aware Remington ammo has been taken over the company that owns Federal ammo. Federal at one time used the Barnes in their sabot slugs then they designed their own version and a very good one, don't be surprised they drop the Barnes from the Remington line and stick with the Accutips sabot only

On 12/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, Psehunter said:

Try the 2 3/4...my h&r won't group good with 3" shells but if I put a 2 3/4 it shoots great wile my neighbor has the same exact gun as I do and his won't group 2 3/4 but it's good with 3" ...each gun seems to be better with different size and ammo brand 

Totally agree. My 220 shoots 2 3/4 better than 3inch. 

I get the same results with the 3" AccuTips, but I have mine at zero at 100 Yards. At 50 yards it's about 2" high. 

At the risk of sounding like a pussy the recoil is significant. I put a LimbSaver recoil pad on my 220. It's no longer painful, but it still moves me back.

12 hours ago, BHC said:

searching the internet I found that Midway USA shows Accutips as temporarily out of stock, as for the premier expander Barnes it shows as discontinued, maybe they know something we don't

Remington's  site shows that they will be continuing with Accutips with the new owners.