IGNORED

She's home!!.. My new Hoyt Compound Matrix

Axiom

And it is Sweeeeeet!!...After what seemed like eternity but in reality was only a week, Thanks to Ray at Stricktly Archery , i finally brought home my new baby.. And it's even better than i initially thought.. Though i'm new to shooting compounds, i know something good when i see it, and this bow was no exception.. It's smooth, Light in the hands, and oh so quiet... Couple all that with Hoyts reputation for reliability and you have a winner.. I spent the better part of 2 hours this morning at Rays place putting some finishing touchs on the bow and making a few shooter specific adjustments and after a crash course in some basic shooting technics, i was nearly splitting arrows.. Since i'm part Native American, i guess it comes naturally to me I dunno,  but by the time i was ready to leave I was good.... damn good.... :first:  :first:

0716131040.jpg

0716131336.jpg

DSC00174.JPG

Edited by Axiom

:D

Well about the only thing bad i can say about the X bow is the limb span is a bit long... Coming in at 36" its somewhat incovenient in some situations.. And it gets heavy when still/stalk hunting.. Other than that i have no complaints...

Edited by BowhunterNJ

Sweet bow!  I know , I have one also!   It's not that heavy,bare bow weighs only 4 lbs.  The A2A is a little long for some situations but if your going to shoot 3-D or Long Targets you'll be glad you have it!  Congrats on an excellent bow! Good Luck with it!!

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

The A2A is a little long for some situations

Yeah, At 35" it probably is but,  This is the one Ray recomended.. said something about me being tall ( 6'3" )  and this bow being a better fit.. Not that he was pushing the Matrix.. There was 30" carbon model i think... He had other name brands as well.. But i liked this one

The only problem I had with the length is in one of my ground blinds.  It was the smallest blind I have & you had to be aware of it hitting the ceiling.  Im 6'2'' & you had to get in an odd shooting position to make sure it was clear.  IMO, I think its the best bow on the market.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

The only problem I had with the length is in one of my ground blinds

I can see how that would be a problem... My GB is small also but, i'm going to be using the x bow there ...  The x bow and compound will split time in a the stands..

Ok so i spent the last three days admiring my new piece of Archery equipment and today i found a couple spare hours in what was otherwise a busy day to go out and fling some arrows.. This was to be my first unsupervised target practice ever...  So i started with a salvo of 12 arrows.. thought i would try it without using any particular technic... results .....

0719131712a.jpg

As you can see, not to tight a group..But all would have been in a vital area resulting in a kill.  I think... ???..???,\..But anyway, again i thought i would try another salvo of 12..  And again No real technic other than line the sight up and shoot... results..

0719131712.jpg

Another loose group.. But still, all should result in a kill.. May have to track a deer for days and  miles  ( good luck with that ) with some of those hits but nontheless the end result should be the same...  So now with my arm getting a bit tired i decided to do it the right way.... Popped off a salvo of 5... Feet planted, correct grip,  That little thingy there above the knock loop in the corner of my mouth and  string to the nose...  And low and behold, an Archer is born....

0719131833.jpg

Was more interested in the grouping than the bullseye.. Didnt bring a wrench to adjust the sights soo....  The target was at 30 yards... next time out will be 40 or 50 yards....

You better tighten those groups if you think those are in the kill zone your a sorry archer. Much different shooting deer then a target. Many more variables when hunting and shooting at game archery is a sport of precision hunting is having respect for the game you hunt and taking it humanly, also knowing your equipment

Edited by BHC

"This was to be my first unsupervised target practice ever"..lol... This I will leave alone..  However............

..............Axiom, without knowing you, I would like to ask what is your experience with a bow and arrow if that would be ok? The reasonI I ask is because the terms you use to describe your bow and your shooting would lead someone to believe you are an inexperienced archer. However the last group is a nice group at 30 yards but a bit low, and you did say that you did not bring a wrench to adjust your sight. So I'm not quite convinced you are as much a novice as you "allude to" in the way that last post was written. Do I sense a bit of misdirection? :hmmmer: lol.

I'm not judging your shooting at all and if you are actually a novice archer/hunter and need a bit of advise or help in shooting better, fire away.

Edited by BowTechExperience

a toe length analysis of 14, 826 infants born in both the United Kingdom and the USA since 1960, shows that those who were born with long second toes often scored high marks in school and did well in aptitude tests. Unfortunately, as adults they also tended to be far more represented in death rows and in psychiatric facilities for the criminally insane than babies born with normal toe architecture. Asked what 'normal' meant in these circumstances she said it meant those born with second toes shorter than their big toes. Such people, "represent more than ninety percent of the adult population

Man... That's some creepy ass wookie toe