IGNORED

She's home!!.. My new Hoyt Compound Matrix

Axiom

You better tighten those groups if you think those are in the kill zone your a sorry archer

I would like to ask what is your experience with a bow and arrow if that would be ok?

Yeah bowtech,  I'm about as green when it comes to bows as a person can be...But as you can see i am only green in knowledged,  not ability... Never used compound before other than all of 6 shots someone at a range let me shoot once when i was calibrating my xbow sight last year.. Shot a few arrows at Srickly Archery and got some basic instruction from one of the guys ( ray ) ... Thats it..  Pointers are always welcome

And BHC that last group was the real deal.. You cant tell me it gets much better than that unless your an Olympic Archer, which BTW , at the pace i'm going, i may qualify for in the near future... ;)

:D

a toe length analysis of 14, 826 infants born in both the United Kingdom and the USA since 1960, shows that those who were born with long second toes often scored high marks in school and did well in aptitude tests. Unfortunately, as adults they also tended to be far more represented in death rows and in psychiatric facilities for the criminally insane than babies born with normal toe architecture. Asked what 'normal' meant in these circumstances she said it meant those born with second toes shorter than their big toes. Such people, "represent more than ninety percent of the adult population

Man... That's some creepy ass wookie toe         

And the good news is, my second toe is the same lenght as the big one... Useing  > YOUR analogy, since its not longer,  or shorter,  this suggests i am smarter than most with a shorter toe...but not nearly as likely to be criminaly insane or suffer from any other psychosis as those with a longer one ..... :rofl: ...

Edited by Axiom

Ok Cool. We all start somewhere. First I would for now forget about the 40 and 50 yard shooting with the Hoyt and practice as much as possible at 20 yards while you develope your form and get to know your bow. Once you have your shooting form well develoed you can branch out to farther shooting distances. Realize too that while you begin to practice and cycle more and more shots through your bow, your string and cables will begin to stretch a bit which can have an effect on your draw lenght and draw weight, and thus finally your point of impact and can start to down grade the quality of your shooting. May I suggest putting several hundred shots through the Hoyt, then take it back to the shop where you bought it so that it can be re timed, and make sure the draw lenght still fits you perfectly. Just my .02 . Good luck and good shooting. If you have any questions just ask.

First I would for now forget about the 40 and 50 yard shooting with the Hoyt and practice as much as possible at 20 yards while you develope your form and get to know your bow

The 40 and 50 yarders are just for my ego, nothing else..  All my shots with the cross bow last year came inside of 30 with the majority of those being around 20 so, like you suggest,  thats where my focus will be... I should put close to 700 or so arrow miles on this thing before the season opens in september so i'll almost certainly be taking it back for retuning before then.... Thanks...

I could careless what your group is on a target and that goes for archery and firearms, shooting at game is a lot different........Your blood pressure goes up as well as your hart rate, which in most can cause somewhat of the jitters, it's called buckfever very normal, over the years with experience one can learn to either control it or deal with it.  What a JOKE!!!!

I could careless what your group is on a target and that goes for archery and firearms, shooting at game is a lot different

For you maybe.. and perhaps many many years ago that same concept applied to me as well... But not anymore... I'll admit my bood pressure rises somewhat when my target first appears.. I get excited yes.. But only during the time of approach.. once the animal is in my kill zone things immediately change.. I temporarily become, and excuse me for lack of a better word,  psychopathic. I know no sorry or joy.. I get this tunnel vision and all my senses are focused on one thing and one thing only.. That bullseye right behind the shoulder..  Buck fever you say?.. not here buddy... At least not yet.. I've never had a record breaking boone and crocket in my sights sooo......

I know there is a ignore button, but in this case we need a bullsh*t button

How about just ignoring him? Why do you feel the need to keep busting the guy's balls? He has done nothing wrong over here but you insist on trying to instigate him.If I'm not mistaken,you got a 2nd chance didn't you? Maybe it's just your Napoleon complex

Edited by DBuck

Please mind your business "D" this has nothing to do with you at all.....But I read in another post/thread with you telling him to STFU, so I guess it's OK that you say what you want but I or others can't? 

Please mind your business "D" this has nothing to do with you at all.....But I read in another post/thread with you telling him to STFU, so I guess it's OK that you say what you want but I or others can't? 

It is my business "B",this is supposed to be a drama free site but it seems like you're trying to change that,you're trying to be the "cool" guy by giving the guy shit,lay off him. You're right.I did tell him to STFU,but I wasn't being mean,I was giving him advice just so people like you couldn't have ammunition against him,he's done nothing wrong here.

Was passing by BRWMA today and it just so happened i had my bow with me. So i pulled into the archery Range. I only had time for a couple shots, so i fired off 3 at 30 yards and  left..  Still need to adjust my sights.. But the grouping can't get much better........

Group of 3.jpg

Axiom, that is a great group at 30 yards without a doubt,   :clapping:  especially for anyone jumping out of their vehicle and taking only three quick shots. Perhaps you practice more than you let on. :hmmmer:

But you NEED to get your sight set for what you shoot asap. Not ragging on ya, just a friendly suggestion..

Have you screwed on a broad head yet and shot them to see how they impact? 48 days and counting..lol

. I get excited yes.. But only during the time of approach.. once the animal is in my kill zone things immediately change.. I temporarily become, and excuse me for lack of a better word,  psychopathic. I know no sorry or joy.. I get this tunnel vision and all my senses are focused on one thing and one thing only.. That bullseye right behind the shoulder..  Buck fever you say?.. not here buddy... At least not yet.. I've never had a record breaking boone and crocket in my sights sooo......

Regarding myself, I am the same way in a sense. Once I come to full draw, I am completely involved in my aiming process that I see nothing but the spot I am aiming at and my pin becomes a fuzzy aimpoint on top of the target till the shot breaks. I am emotionless till then ( cold and dead to all feelings ). Once however the shot is over, my emotions return to me and then I am both happy  because I made a clean and ethical shot  and a bit sad for the moment because I just took a life, however that is the end result for what we do. We all handle emotions differently. Honestly I think being able to turn off emotion at the moment make me a better shot. It allows me to execute on auto pilot and practicing like hell is what gives me the muscle memory to make a shot while my mind is focused on aiming. We need the stress of shooting under pressure in order to develope this kind of shooting.. Make your practice sessions hard, put goals on them, shoot in front of your friends or family in a safe manner of course. But put the pressure of having to make a good shot there. It forces concentration, which makes you think about the shot before you make it. Practice in your mind, close your eyes and visualize the shot, from picking up your bow, to follow through after the shot and all the steps in between..

Lastly, I personally don't know 99% of you guys here and I am not taking anyone's side so I don't have  a dog in this fight that some of you guys seem to have with each other, but come on guys with the name calling and snide remarks back and forth. It does noone any good but create bad blood. If someone here was not as friendly on another site in the past, cannot we let it go if it is not happening here. Maybe it was just for the drama factor and never really meant to be truely mean or nasty, and I don't know what took place over there but seriously,  I would think, and I gonna get wild here, but if your home was being broken into or on fire, you ( meaning all of us ) would imediately respond to that persons aid without a second thought. We are all human beings and have faults.

Lets bury the hatchet and help each other......just my thoughts on the bickering.

Ed

Edited by BowTechExperience