IGNORED

Turkey Shotgun Practice

Batsto

Batsto have you ever tried magnum blend? Or Apex TSS shells?

No I have not. The best of 3 worlds? This is only my second season. Always wanted to go, but work was a time sap, as we all know. Only been out 3 times and one time it was in the rain. It was raining cats and dogs. Not very fun in the poring rain. My son in law got a bird last spring. He's is hooked.

Edited by Batsto

No I have not. The best of 3 worlds? This is only my second season. Always wanted to go, but work was a time sap, as we all know. Only been out 3 times and one time it was in the rain. It was raining cats and dogs. Not very fun in the poring rain. My son in law got a bird last spring. He's is hooked.

Get a blind and head to the fields when it’s raining!

Well good luck! I may have some magnum blend u can try! Just pm me

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

Went out and practice with the Mossberg 835 and a new Kicks Gobblin Choke. Constriction is 680. Very fun and interesting as you pattern your gun. Shot a few at 30/40 yards and took one at 50+ yds. Used 3 inch number 4 Remington shells. Gotta get those 3 1/2 shells!!! I will use the recommended 5 load on the 3 1/12 shells. The 835 is impressive and the recoil is not bad. I installed an air tech recoil pad and it works great. I hope to seei a turkey this upcoming season.

That's next for me, also with a new Mossberg 835. So far I have 3 rounds through it with on goose killed:-)

I bought it for turkey and now I have a new red dot sight on it. I will get to it after predator hunting is done mid march.

Get a blind and head to the fields when it’s raining!

I had my fall waterfowl gear on. It,was so Dam Warm and I still got wet. It was actually funny, it was raining side ways. I kept teasing my son in law that he was lucky I was retired lifeguard from the 1980s.

I've had the 835 for well over 20 years, I have the Indian Creek Turkey Choke, using 3.5" HeavyShot13....Great out to 50 yards, took a gobbler at 57 yards around 15 years ago...but it kicks like a mule.....it's semi retired, using a Remington 1187 Super Magnum with a HeavyShot Turkey Choke with 3 5" HeavyShot Magnum Blend, little softer on the shoulder

I've had the 835 for well over 20 years, I have the Indian Creek Turkey Choke, using 3.5" HeavyShot13....Great out to 50 yards, took a gobbler at 57 yards around 15 years ago...but it kicks like a mule.....it's semi retired, using a Remington 1187 Super Magnum with a HeavyShot Turkey Choke with 3 5" HeavyShot Magnum Blend, little softer on the shoulder

57 yards??? Learn to call man!!

Mathews Halon

United Bowhunters of NJ

NWTF - Tri County Longbeards

New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

That's next for me, also with a new Mossberg 835. So far I have 3 rounds through it with on goose killed:-)

I bought it for turkey and now I have a new red dot sight on it. I will get to it after predator hunting is done mid march.

s

They are a simplistic gun, but the over bored barrel throws a super pattern. I am getting the itch to get the 935. I usually shoot a Mossberg 930 for everything. The 930 has been flawless. I picked up the 835 as a backup for waterfowl and turkey. Plus, it was on sale at Dicks for 299. Couldn't pass it up, they even accepted an additional 20 dollar coupon. That's a lucky deal.

Those red dot sights look like they do job! Was it hard to install or sight in?

image.jpeg