IGNORED

question about 150' bow hunting property

purchasing a house with around 6.5 acres in blairstown. the house sits middle of property woods up front to street, behind house is a pasture boarding woods(which go for quite a while and i dont own and two neighbors on each side but lots of space in between.  so my question is now as long as i am 150' away from the 2 neighbors, and any play set, shed, etc, can i set up a ground blind right on my property line and shoot deer in my field with my bow?  regardless if those neighbors can look out into my field and hate seeing me out there?  now does the same apply if i can find a section of that field where im 450' from each house could i squeeze my way in to gun hunt?  obviously not shooting towards the neighbors and using safe common sense.  

No, if you are between 150 feet and 450 feet from the neighbors you have to be in an elevated stand.

That's not correct. you only have to be elevated if given written  permission to hunt UNDER 150' from someones house.

you no longer have to be elevated between 150 and 450, as it was when 150 came into play

(page 28/29 in digest under safety zones)

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Remember that you not only have to be outside the safety zone to have a loaded gun or nocked arrow, but you also can’t shoot back into the safety zone even if you’ve set up outside it(and even if the structure is not in line with your shot). Sounds simple enough but many guys don’t take that into account with their setups.

Blairstown is a beautiful area, best of luck with the new place Mike.   :up:  :up:

6 acres is plenty of room to safely and legally bow hunt.  As others have said, if you are within 150' of a structure you need to be elevated.  And also, as others have stated, the very best thing you can do is make friends with your neighbors.  Good luck.

P.S.  Our March 10th get-together is 10 minutes from your new house if you would like to meet some of your neighbors.  

https://www.njwoodsandwater.com/topic/18858-man-stuff-march-10/

P.P.S  If you are planning to stay there a few years, a couple dozen Norway spruces will create good screening cover between you and your neighbors,  and 3 of these planted in a triangle make a perfect natural ground blind.  They are cheap and easy to get, they grow like weeds, and you can't kill them.          

Edited by Rusty