IGNORED

Broadhead Cutting Width(Update)

Nomad

I tried the muzzy trocar hybrids they worked well. But never new rage had one that thing looks pretty mean. But know I use spitfires maxx with my crossbow and have no reason to change they fly great and leave big holes and blood trails. My compound I use VPA  but  never tried them with the crossbow yet. They definitely get serious penetration with the bow so crossbow I would think would be pretty good. It cant be easy trying to pick the right head  when we talk about so many different ones lol. 

A buddy of mine shoots heavy bolts and 150 grain heads.  He hunts in a residential area and he intentionally waits for a quartering towards him shot.  He blows through the shoulder and down through the lungs and always gets a pass through.  Needless to say, the deer don't go far with that kind of shock.

yup I just killed a doe last week with that quartering forward shot shooting a 70lb drenalin with a fmj arrow 29inch 11.3grns per inch rocky mountain advantage broadhead.deer didn't run jumped high fell down and flopped for about 2 minutes game over the blood allover ruined the area it looked like the Manson family reunion

yup I just killed a doe last week with that quartering forward shot shooting a 70lb drenalin with a fmj arrow 29inch 11.3grns per inch rocky mountain advantage broadhead.deer didn't run jumped high fell down and flopped for about 2 minutes game over the blood allover ruined the area it looked like the Manson family reunion

Those frontal and quartering toward shots are devastating when they work. A lot of room for error. I shot a deer once at 15 yds, frontal with head turned sideways to fully expose chest. I was using a Wasp 1 1/4" cut fixed blade. Well the deer spun around and fell on the ground. Didn't really go anywhere. Blood spewing as it turned. Well it worked so good I tried it again, This time the deer turned at the exact time I shot. It hit the shoulder blade and skidded off. Poor blood trail. Deer was never found by anyone. When they work, it's great. But I consider it a low(er) % shot.

Those frontal and quartering toward shots are devastating when they work. A lot of room for error. I shot a deer once at 15 yds, frontal with head turned sideways to fully expose chest. I was using a Wasp 1 1/4" cut fixed blade. Well the deer spun around and fell on the ground. Didn't really go anywhere. Blood spewing as it turned. Well it worked so good I tried it again, This time the deer turned at the exact time I shot. It hit the shoulder blade and skidded off. Poor blood trail. Deer was never found by anyone. When they work, it's great. But I consider it a low(er) % shot.

watching and studying deer behavior pays off I'll only attempt it on a fully relaxed deer and at close range.