IGNORED

Finally connected

cewoz560

So I was out during the last smaller snow storm up in my tree on the edge of a golf course. Been sitting about 3 hours all layered, coveralls, and bundled up,(i feel like the kid from Christmas story) full face mask hat gloves the works just starting to get really cold on the verge of shivering.

Had an average doe wander into my setup I waited for a good shot. She was at 25 yrds away broadside quartering away slightly. I slowly pull back my bow, took aim right behind the shoulder, deep breath released the arrow and the deer jumps and runs about 20 yrds. I see my arrow in the ground as I watch this deer slowly wander off I come to realize that I missed such an easy shot. Ok so now I start to analyze what went wrong. Was I aiming to high? Too low? Did the angle from my tree throw me off? Did I anchor the kisser properly? Was I shivering causing the miss... I knock another arrow and wait.

So now 20 mins later 2 more deer come in...I thought I figured it out my face mask didn't allow me to anchor the kisser properly so I shot high.

I patiently wait, 10 mins go by I finally get another chance. I pull my face mask down go through the motions, bend at the waist, aimed a little lower drew the bow back and let it fly...damn I hit she jumps runs about 10yrds. I see my arrow again in the ground pass thru I'm thinking she'll sit down and expire... I keep my eyes on her she stands still for about 5 mins...nothing. Finally she starts to move and wanders around and starts feeding again... Damnnnnnnnn I missed again!

So I knock another arrow go over it again in my head. She moves back within range...Take my time... breathe...kisser... bend... Etc... Let another arrow fly...damn I got her she mule kicks runs down the hill about 30yrds and slows down. I keep my eyes on her hopefully she sits or falls down I look at the shot area no blood, I see my arrow ok pass thru again? I look back at her she slowly wanders off. I start to pack up got places to go... Climb down retrieve my first arrow nothing clean, second arrow again clean, third arrow damn clean too. Wtf...So now I'm thinking my sight is off perhaps it got hit, or was loose something...

I have an epic camera on my bow stabilizer and can't wait to see what happened with these shots.

I pull the card and on each shot these deer ducked my shots... They went almost flat to the ground!!!

So just to make sure before I go out again I shoot 12 arrows in the back yard nope sight is fine. They must have heard the string/bow and due to instinct and the sound 20 feet up in the air they ducked.

Now to last night...had doe action from 330pm on 2 here, 4 there, 8 at final count.

As I'm picking out the one I wish to shoot I see a deer with an injury... Starting at its shoulder, running across its back where my arrow grazed it deep and wide... Definitely not life threatening.

I finally get my chance let it fly immediately blood everywhere all over the snow...I watch it run 40yrds then fall. The one standing in the pic hung out for a bit after the shot still eating. The other 6 or so are slowly wandering off at 50yrds.

IMG_20180109_163958677.jpgIMG_20180109_174510727.jpgIMG_20180109_174554269.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk