IGNORED

Man Stuff - March 10

Rusty

That's not a truck.

:nerd:

Many people question "how can an SUV be called a truck?"[20] Although the original definition of the "light truck" classification included pickups and delivery vans, usually SUVs and minivans are included in this category because these vehicles are designed to "permit greater cargo-carying capacity than passenger carrying volume."[20] Manufacturing, emissions, and safety regulations in the U.S. classify "an SUV is a truck"; however, for local licensing and traffic enforcement, "an SUV may be a truck or a car" because the classification of these vehicles varies from state to state.[21] For industry production statistics, SUVs are counted in the light truck product segment.[22]

:nerd:

So you're the kind of guy who turns to the government for answers.  Noted.

As a new truck owner and an all around snob, the new threshold for a truck is if there isn't a government mandate to publish the MPG with the truck.  All vehicles must have an estimated MPG published with them by law unless it's a heavy duty vehicle.  I looked at the 1500s and they didn't match up to what I would consider a "real" truck.  So I got the 2500.  No MPG published with the truck (it's the same with new RV owners, if you have to ask about the MPG, you already can't afford it).

Again, I am a professional snob who will move the goal posts at every opportunity to prove you wrong.  Which you are.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

So you're the kind of guy who turns to the government for answers.  Noted.

As a new truck owner and an all around snob, the new threshold for a truck is if there isn't a government mandate to publish the MPG with the truck.  All vehicles must have an estimated MPG published with them by law unless it's a heavy duty vehicle.  I looked at the 1500s and they didn't match up to what I would consider a "real" truck.  So I got the 2500.  No MPG published with the truck (it's the same with new RV owners, if you have to ask about the MPG, you already can't afford it).

Again, I am a professional snob who will move the goal posts at every opportunity to prove you wrong.  Which you are.

I'm going to get a 3500 just so I can call your 2500 a Pinto! :D

I'm going to get a 3500 just so I can call your 2500 a Pinto! :D

I dare you!

The price difference between the 2500 and 3500 isn't that much.  The big differences come with the customization on the 3500s.  They have whole sections of the front console that can be tricked out with switches and such.  I briefly looked the them (for the same reason, to refer to 1500 and 2500 owners as puny men), but the 2500s have a really nice interior package.  I also couldn't justify the dualie to myself.  I would have to go out and buy a gooseneck camper to justify it.  And that would have been wrong on so many levels.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

Someone on here just bought a new, big 2500 that may be so kind offer it to the site owner to borrow... :happy:

As long as he pays for gas, loads and unloads it without my help, I'd be happy to drive it around for him.  He can follow me in his "SUV-not-a-real-truck".  Not sure I can allow a coder who doesn't drive a real truck into the cab of my real truck.  I need to check with the man card association to see if that would invalidate the real truck endorsement on my man card.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

We don't make hefe's, but I have a recipe.

All of our mashes are decoction.  We actually find them easier to do and have more control over temperature.  The dough-in is a .75 water to grain ratio, the next step is infusion, bringing the temp up and the w/g ratio to 1.25.  The last three (mash out being the third) are all decoctions.

The recipe is for a porter but instead of measuring out pilsner, we grabbed the wrong bag and measured in Munich.  Added some 2-row and pilsner to make sure we had some enzymes, but the gravity is sky high now.  I'm not sure the yeast is going to ferment everything out, so it might be a sweet porter, but it'll definitely have a kick to it.

Hask, with todays modified malts I'm curious why the decoction method? I've only used it on Hefe's and seen Lager recipes call for it as well.

Why not add some Cara Pils for the mouthfeel?

Not knocking your method...always looking to increase my knowledge.

Hask, with todays modified malts I'm curious why the decoction method? I've only used it on Hefe's and seen Lager recipes call for it as well.

Why not add some Cara Pils for the mouthfeel?

Not knocking your method...always looking to increase my knowledge.

The easiest way for us to raise the mash temperature without scorching the mash is by decocting.  That's the reason why we do it.  I have an app on my phone that helps with how much we need to decoct, and it's usually spot on.  No other reason.

I have some Crystal 60 in it, but nothing lighter for heavy starches.  Some of our other beers use a pound or so of CaraPils for mouthfeel, but this was a porter, so it's going to be dark and thick anyway.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

As long as he pays for gas, loads and unloads it without my help, I'd be happy to drive it around for him. He can follow me in his "SUV-not-a-real-truck". Not sure I can allow a coder who doesn't drive a real truck into the cab of my real truck. I need to check with the man card association to see if that would invalidate the real truck endorsement on my man card.

Says the guy who won’t load or unload firewood into his truck. Mancard revoked!!! :rofl:

I’d take you up on the offer but it’s too far. 4 hour round trip just to drop off firewood is no bueno. Thank you for the offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk