IGNORED

L&H Woods and Water store closing Sale

Buck154

Heard L&H are closing their door. Everything on the floor is 40% off. Reels are 30% off, Guns not sure.

I went there last night and bought a few thing. New shad rod, hooks,lures and few other things. They are selling out pretty quick now but still have a fair amount of stuff. Boots, camo,decoys,fly tying,shirts good amout of fresh water stuff and some saltwater.  Last day will be Christmas Eve. 

Online sales are killing the small stores

For sure , especially with set manufactures pricing .

Stores have to sell for thr orice set by the manufacturer.

But online sales sell same stuff for 30% less, with free shipping .

Cant compete against that.

Also too many times of driving to the store to find them sold out of what you needed at the time.

Go online and have it from someone in 2 days.

And Amazon has taken online sales to a different place

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

For sure , especially with set manufactures pricing .

Stores have to sell for thr orice set by the manufacturer.

But online sales sell same stuff for 30% less, with free shipping .

Cant compete against that.

Also too many times of driving to the store to find them sold out of what you needed at the time.

Go online and have it from someone in 2 days.

And Amazon has taken online sales to a different place

Yeah i rather go online myself cause like you said most of the time you have it in 2 days or less.  

Dan i did pick up nice 6' 9" UL Daiwa i think will be a nice 2nd shad rod

:devil: Advocate ----------Standing Sporting Good Stores are only as good as the salespeople and Customer services. The Hands-on Experience is what is lost when they Close. Pricing is generally higher but some willing to pay them for good personal service and not waiting.  

I shopped The Fly Hatch in Redbank supper friendly great service and advise by True Fly Fisherman. no Pressures to buy. Pricing very competitive.  It Closed because the owner had more interest in Guiding and Traveling. And relying on someone else to run the store SAD. 

As far as L&H Inflated pricing Bad Customer Service and Relations. Had a defective Loomis Rod that they would not Honor the Return Shiping agreement. That is but 1 reason I never went back.  Result Loomis covered me shipping the rod to them for full replacement. 

If and when Bass Pro builds the NJ Store in Central NJ Dicks will be Gone.  The Parkway Exit for entering that center is Complete but no sign of Bass Pro  :shakehead:  

Might add Running an independent store as L&H is no easy task with the hours needed and Good Salesforce. along with Location Location. 

DL1.jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

One by one they will all fall, not just hunting and fishing retailers, but all brick and mortar retailers. Only ones that willl remain will be a few choice big stores that are already doing tremendous online sales and are focusing all there energy in that direction, and they too will downsize and close some of there brick and mortar retail locations. Malls will all be ghost towns and ancient ruins in the not so distant future. If you haven’t invested in Amazon yet, you’ve missed out on a tremendous run up, but there’s plenty more up side to be had. $889 billion dollar company going to 1 trillion dollars within the next 12 months. In the next 10 years online sales will grow 10 fold. The smartest thing I ever did in business was right from day one to aggressively pursue an internet presence while attracting the attention of the retal customer on a world wide level via website, Amazon, wallmart.com, eBay etc etc etc. The next generation will do 95% of there shopping online while all working from home in there underwear. Retail stores are great for when you want to actually hold the item and test it out then you proceed to buy it online from your smart phone from whoever is selling it the cheapest and offering free shipping.

in this state, they make it near impossible to be successful in a small business. taxes. insurance costs. medical for employees and self. then trying to survive in the online shopping climate. it can be done, but you need to be the only employee and 100% committed, which makes you a slave. better off working for a company.  

the consumer is really to blame. most products you can buy online are sh!t, and no one wants to pay for heirloom quality products

:devil: Advocate ----------Standing Sporting Good Stores are only as good as the salespeople and Customer services. The Hands-on Experience is what is lost when they Close. Pricing is generally higher but some willing to pay them for good personal service and not waiting.  

I shopped The Fly Hatch in Redbank supper friendly great service and advise by True Fly Fisherman. no Pressures to buy. Pricing very competitive.  It Closed because the owner had more interest in Guiding and Traveling. And relying on someone else to run the store SAD. 

As far as L&H Inflated pricing Bad Customer Service and Relations. Had a defective Loomis Rod that they would not Honor the Return Shiping agreement. That is but 1 reason I never went back.  Result Loomis covered me shipping the rod to them for full replacement. 

If and when Bass Pro builds the NJ Store in Central NJ Dicks will be Gone.  The Parkway Exit for entering that center is Complete but no sign of Bass Pro  :shakehead:  

Might add Running an independent store as L&H is no easy task with the hours needed and Good Salesforce. along with Location Location. 

I think BP is having a hard time getting the permission to sell firearms in that town.   Lots of resistance from the middlesex county liberals.