IGNORED

Phil Murphy for Marijuana

are you insane claiming POT is a form of opioid? More people are screwed up from pain killers then POT......in all my years I don't know one person who is screwed up from smoking weed, but I sure know many who have screwed up lives cause their addiction to pain killers

The FDA, insurance, want you to believe that something so natural like pot can't help people in many ways. Like cancer patients, they would rather pump people up with chemo, that alone will kill you. other forms of illnesses they rather you go on drugs like opioids to mask the issues, then addiction starts....Please get with the times

Whoa whoa whoa, lol I am well aware of the difference between pot and opioids. In fact I’m open to the idea of legalizing pot. But a blanket statement saying to legalize all drugs is not a well thought out narrative. Specially opioids.

As to the question of whether I’m insane or not probably depends on who you ask. My wife thinks I’m crazy for wasting weeks of vacation time to get up at 5am, dress in all camo and hide in a tree, waiting to ambush a deer I’ve been secret getting photos of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many on here has been on these drugs at one time or another for some sort of pain, these are the problem. 

• Oxycodone
  • Hydrocodone
  • Hydromorphone
  • Methadone
  • Fentanyl
  • Fentanyl Duragesic Patches
  • Propoxyphene
  • Butorphanol
  • Levorphano
  • Meperidine
  • Oxycontin
  • MSContin

I respectfully disagree.  You're using the same argument liberals use against us.

Liberals will tell you, people walking around with guns means it's going to turn into the wild west.  People will be shooting other people, bullets flying, you name it.  All these people carrying concealed weapons, you'll never know who has a gun and who doesn't. Not quite the same because in most states, you can carry, and that is not the case. However, one idea they have that rarely comes up (because most Americans would not agree with it) is that if we outlaw all gun ownership and remove them from society, death by gun will go down, way down. I agree with that, don't you? That would actually be the apples to apples comparison with keeping drugs prohibited. And firearm ownership is actually a Constitutional right, so trying to compare the freedom to have a gun to the freedom to do drugs, is a bit of a stretch. 

Legalizing drugs will not immediately create a situation where the general population will become druggies. I agree, it will take a while, maybe a generation or two, but is that ok with you?.  Those people with a desire and the means to consume drugs recreationally are all probably doing it right now.  I disagree with that. I spent most of my adult life in LE and understand people, crime and deterrents like you know IT stuff and that's pretty much why.

Based on the research being done in other states that have legalized, the percentage of people who consumed marijuana prior to legalization and after legalization has remained the same.  So don't expect a huge explosion of addicts or consumers of drugs.  It hasn't manifested in reality yet. I've seen and read several of those research papers and just about everything I've read said it's far too early to conclude anything about the impact legalization. However, just as one example, if alcohol were a banned substance, do you believe we would have the same number of DUI's each year as we do now? 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Umm... If booze was illegal, the number of DUI's would increase x1000. Prohibition didn't cut down on alcohol consumption, and now if it was illegal then 1 drop in the system would give you a DUI.

Look at the impact on legalization in places where weed is legal. Look at the impact of legalization in countries where drugs are decriminalized or legalized. Did it create mass chaos and destruction of the society? The only people who try to continhe this falsehold are people in law enforcement because when you stop making things like weed a crime, most of them would be out of a job. We can thank the war on drugs for this nonsense...

I am in the legalize camp. The bigger problem is the "demand". If people want it, there will people to supply it. This so called "war on drugs" is BS! Our "government" doesn't give a rats ass about our safety and well being-only money and power!! The whole prison and judicial system is BIG business...lawyers, judges, co's , prison suppliers, prison builders etc... They need "customers" and we the tax paying suckers pay for it. :hippie:

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Umm... If booze was illegal, the number of DUI's would increase x1000. Prohibition didn't cut down on alcohol consumption, and now if it was illegal then 1 drop in the system would give you a DUI.

Look at the impact on legalization in places where weed is legal. Look at the impact of legalization in countries where drugs are decriminalized or legalized. Did it create mass chaos and destruction of the society? The only people who try to continhe this falsehold are people in law enforcement because when you stop making things like weed a crime, most of them would be out of a job. We can thank the war on drugs for this nonsense...

I’d venture to say that legalizing heroin and heroin related offenses could leave law enforcement “without” a job (hyperbole). But not the legalization of weed. Bottom line is the legalization of marijuana is going to happen. It is not if, it’s when. If fact even if Kim won, she can only hold off the pressure to legalize and ignore the benefits for so long.

I’d venture to say that legalizing heroin and heroin related offenses could leave law enforcement “without” a job (hyperbole). But not the legalization of weed. Bottom line is the legalization of marijuana is going to happen. It is not if, it’s when. If fact even if Kim won, she can only hold off the pressure to legalize and ignore the benefits for so long.

The state spends 150 million dollars a year enforcing pot laws. Well over 90% of pot arrests in nj target users and not high level dealers. There were nearly 30,000 pot related arrests in NJ last year. Far and away, pot is what is eeping law enforcement people employed

The states that have legalized the use of Marijuana have had an increase in homelessness, and their fatal motor vehicle crashes have nearly doubled. There is no effective way to determine the level of intoxication from Marijuana since the metabolites remain in the users system for several weeks.

A big difference between alcohol intoxication and marijuana intoxication is the quantity of the intoxicant necessary to incapacitate the user. You can smoke a blunt containing straight weed in 10 minutes and become highly intoxicated where it would take significantly longer to reach that level of intoxication by consuming alcohol.

Legalized Marijuana will not eliminate the black market for it. Street dealers will be able to sell it cheaper than Government controlled facilities. Our unemployment, under employment, and unemployable rates will go through the roof if we put the street dealers out of business. It's a cash business that has a tremendously positive affect on local economies.

Possessory crimes involving Marijuana do not result in jail or prison time. Distribution may, depending on quantity and the number of offenses. Most jail or prison time associated with Marijuana distribution has to do with the guns and violence that is a part of business. Jails and prisons are not clogged with non-violent drug users. They are clogged with drug abusers who resort to theft, burglary, robbery, and other violent crimes to support or are a result of their drug use.

The real question is does drug abuse cause the mental illness or is the drug abuse a result of mental illness. Majority of drug abusers are diagnosed with some sort of mental illness. Who pays for the medical treatment.

It is a very complicated issue and needs a lot more consideration. To make legalization a campaign promise is a bit too irresponsible for me. 

Edited by JimC1965

The state spends 150 million dollars a year enforcing pot laws. Well over 90% of pot arrests in nj target users and not high level dealers. There were nearly 30,000 pot related arrests in NJ last year. Far and away, pot is what is eeping law enforcement people employed

Understand, it’s not just the heroin. It’s all the crimes of child neglect, theft, fencing and an inability to function in society ie hold a job and pay bills that make heroin an epidemic. You’d be surprised how many, even in law enforcement, don’t really care about weed anymore. The efforts would be better put to use else where. And the numbers you speak of may be true, but that simply illustrates the fact that the AG’s office and law enforcement officials are missing the boat on a greater issue.

If you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you. Law enforcement in NJ is dealing with a much bigger problem right now. Heroin is the problem and has been the problem for the last few years. LEO's I know just take and destroy the pot or write them on a summons, doing so because they know it is a waste of time. The courts system is even viewing it as a waste of time now. If they don't get PTI they are being put on probation. It is basically being decriminalized. 

Most reports go off of convictions. These convictions 99.999% of the time are plea deals. Plea deals are usually set to the lowest crime with comparable sentencing. You could have someone charged with distribution in a school zone with weapon offenses and the offered deal is usually just distribution. The system is screwed. The government would rather make more laws than to enforce and prosecute the ones they have already. It is tough for the prosecutors as well as cases come in at alarming rates and they don't have the time or the resources to fully commit to prosecuting them, that and the absolute liberal judges and jury pools.