IGNORED

Where to buy fruit trees?

Eden

Has anyone dealt with http://www.wildlifegroup.com/ for ordering fruit trees?  I'd rather buy locally if possible and am hoping for some recommendations.  I'm in Hunterdon county.

I'm looking to get 12-18 pear/crabapple/persimmons.  I'd also like 3-4 white oak or dunstan chestnuts to mix in with my reds.  

I'd appreciate any feedback from guys that have dealt with some local places.

Morse Nursery , Charlie sells all kinds of fast rooting and producing hybrids . I bought from him about 4 years ago and 6 out of 10 trees are living and bearing fruit . The other 4 dying was really my fault between the harsh climate and lack of babysitting they didn't make it. 

I bought all my apple trees from Cummins Nursery in Ny. 

I did all my trees bare root. Very knowledgeable people. 

Be prepared to wait about 5 years for apples. 

If I plant any more apple trees for deer it will be crab apples. Get your order in now for the spring. They usually ship around April 1st and they sell out quick. 

Edited by tcook8296

www.liftxrentals.com

I second Cummins nursery in ny for fruit trees. We have bought pear, apple and crabapple trees. Very happy with the quality of tees. It's a heck of an operation and they are really great to work with. When you buy your trees, definitely do a little research. Unless you plan on spraying constantly, you'll want trees that are disease resistant. Also you'll want to stagger drop dates of your fruit. You want some fruit that drops early, some that drops mid season and some that drops late. With that said, make sure that your trees will pollinate each other. Apples are great but higher maintenance and can take longer to produce. Larger crabapples and pears will be the focus from hear on out for deer. Smaller crabapples for turkey, grouse etc.

Edited by MS22