IGNORED

New Treestand

Lunatic

Hang on's will put you in more places than a climber ever would. Being  able to hang a stand on a bracket is a plus for those places to keep others from taking advantage of and compromising your spots. I like the idea of Millenium giving you the safety rope with the purchase. A safety rope by itself is 30 bucks.

So I went to do my last set up for the season, pick below, but I couldn't resist to take the new stand up see what it feels like. Stable and comfortable although little weird sine in sitting position your feet are at the edge and you almos don't see the platform . It feels little weird but I'll get used to it. Also you can't lean against the tree because the folded up seat is about six inches away from the tree and you basically leaning against a single, horizontal bar. I can live with that as well. However, there is a problem. The rubber of my wet muck boots squeaks on the platform like a stuck pig. It's bad!!!:-(

IMG_7130.JPG

Edited by Lunatic

So I went to do my last set up for the season, pick below, but I couldn't resist to take the new stand up see what it feels like. Stable and comfortable although little weird sine in sitting position your feet are at the edge and you almos don't see the platform . It feels little weird but I'll get used to it. Also you can't lean against the tree because the folded up seat is about six inches away from the tree and you basically leaning against a single, horizontal bar. I can live with that as well. However, there is a problem. The rubber of my wet muck boots squeaks on the platform like a stuck pig. It's bad!!! :-(

Your boots will dry once your in your stand.  

if you paint it now, let it dry for about a half hour.

Then spray it with a hose set on mist , and really soak it.

The smell from the paint gets pulled out by the water drops. and once it drys it wont smell like fresh paint.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

I was the dollar a can flat paint king at one time. From flat black to red primer to flat forest green and everything else in between. My buddies thought I was a little carried away. I admit it, I was. Those stands were hard to see though. Painted them for the shadows.

Here is what Millennium told me:

There are certain rubber boots that can do that on a new stand.

I have heard this complaint from 3 people and we have sold a million of these stands.

Two of the customers that complained told me later after the stand weathered that it stopped.

The other one sprayed bed liner he got from auto parts store to stop it so he did not let his weather.

You could try the bed liner if you like or give it a little time in the weather, only some boots do it.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Bill

Here is what Millennium told me:

There are certain rubber boots that can do that on a new stand.

I have heard this complaint from 3 people and we have sold a million of these stands.

Two of the customers that complained told me later after the stand weathered that it stopped.

The other one sprayed bed liner he got from auto parts store to stop it so he did not let his weather.

You could try the bed liner if you like or give it a little time in the weather, only some boots do it.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Bill

As I've noted before, I now prefer the M60u to the M100u for some of the reasons you mentioned in your previous posts.  But, I've never had a squeaking problem with either one...or any of my millennium stands (and I've had many).  Bed liner will probably work, but I'm guessing weathering will probably solve it.  

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday I took my new stand hunting for the first time. Very comfortable and very quiet. Easy to get up to stretch your legs and then back down without making a sound. Love the easy of hanging and taking it down.  The best part is the squeaking problem I had with my Muck Boots on the stand surface disappeared. I am thinking the few miles in my new boots since I bought them made the difference.

Edited by Lunatic