IGNORED

Car key replacement ?

Lunatic

So I lost both keys to my Jeep. I have one more but this one is a hard key only, no remote.

I called the dealer and they want $165 for the key + $75 to program it :shock: $240 for one single  key???????? :shock: I didn't know if I should laugh or cry when he told me

are there any alternatives to get the key elsewhere for less money? I know home depot can do it for $70 but I am looking for a key with remote, including the remote start.  

You might be able to find it on amazon and then drop by the dealer and have programmed.

When my last remote croaked I was in a pinch and had to get it from the dealer because I was leaving for vacation the next day. I spoke with the service manager and the guy was super cool. Instead of the $75 to program it, he had one of the guys program it for me if I slipped the kid a $20. Worked for me.

Edited by not on the rug

You might be able to find it on amazon and then drop by the dealer and have programmed.

When my last remote croaked I was in a pinch and had to get it from the dealer because I was leaving for vacation the next day. I spoke with the service manager and the guy was super cool. Instead of the $75 to program it, he had one of the guys program it for me if I slipped the kid a $20. Worked for me.

Thanks I just looked on internet and I can get two of them for $30. Well, since they are available not only from the dealer I am going to call a local locksmith to see if they can do it for less.