IGNORED

Anyone need a deer head?

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Seems like this past month I've been "stuck" with more mounts than ever. This one in particular has no deposit, and I'm looking to do my first ever antler transplant.

If you have a rack/skull that you wish you had mounted in the past, and wish to have it hanging on the wall, I'd like to try and transplant the rack on this deer. I will give the original rack back to my deadbeat client and put yours on his deer. (1.5 yr rack to fir a 1.5 yr old body size)

Cape has some rubs on its chest..

I will remove the panel or leave it and change the nameplate for a few $ extra..

Price is $600

the "deal" for you, is you get a mount on your wall without the 1year waiting time, and you get a replacement cape for free...

Offers welcome for this service.

*The head and antlers are not for sale. It is illigal to sell deer mounts. You are paying me to mount a deer with your antlers. You are paying for my service only.. and for the materials/tanning I've already paid for.

If no one is interested, I'll just hang it in a sports shop as display or put my first bowkill rack on it and hang it here forever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Anyone who does such a thing (not picking up a deer, bear, or whatever) is a lowlife dirtbag in my opinion. If they have a issue and they man up and address it with you that is one thing, but to disappear and not pay the bill for the work that you did is a scumbag move. They might as well as kick you in the balls and say that your valuable time and work is worthless to them. Plus you have money out of your own pocket that you will never get back. 

I am pretty sure you can sell the hide in NJ. He is not selling the antlers.

I think law says "back hide"..

"capes are illigal to sell I think-unless tanned, in which then are considered a product, but I'm not 100% sure.

This deer has PA tags, I think sale of antlers are legal in PA. . (Again, I'm not 100%) but if the transaction is made in NJ it's illigal according to NJ law.

It's a bunch of cap imo. Taxidermist should be allowed to purchase a "sellers permit" of sorts to recoup some of their losses.

I've been stuck with numerous things over the years..

"Gunnyfern" screwed me with a half life size fox my first year in business. No deposit. I'm out a several hundred dollars in materials , tanning. Shipping, a base, and labor

"Drenal" screwed me out of a 2 sided crappie reproduction on a table pedestal. . No deposit.. I'm out a few hundred dollars in materials and a days labor.. funny thing- decided on the extra cost to paint both sides -thanks.. like I needed to waste more hours for something he didn't even want to pay for.

I got beat out of a fox squirrel. No deposit..

I've been beat out of a bear rug -small deposit -guy got locked up.. never heard back from him

Pheasants are notorious .. got stuck with a few of them.. never a nice one either.. always something shot up with a 8" tail.

Got a rack here that I've had since 2008 I believe.. guy says he wants it as our last year's email.(yeah right) I gave his tanned skin to someone else who needed it.

I got a hen wood duck I just finished in feb. Guy must have died cause he went from "I'll be there this weekend " to a ghost... no response... can't sell migratory birds-federal law. I guess I have something else for my decor.

That's just the crap off the top of my head.. I have dozens of mounts on display at numerous sports shops -all donated cause I can't sell, and I can't keep in my way forever..

I could have bought a new quad if all the guys who screwed me in the past 11 years would come pay up. Every one of them just dissappear and ignore me.. no balls.

I still contact a few from time to time just to hopefully get an apology--- nothing.. straight to voice mail (which is always full) or a Facebook comment that gets ignored .

Worst part is at the end of the month, I gotta take a loss out of my pocket to cover others expenses. A simple phone call to cancel a mount is way better than letting me complete it then never calling me back.

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Ohhh let's not forget that prick "pigman"...

I did an artificial European skull on a deer he shot here in NJ.

I picked it up from him, no deposit, mounted, shipped to TX for him, never got paid. He owed me like $140 -150

Phone number goes to one of his personal assistants and I could never get in contact with him. After a dozen calls one guy finally said skull arrived broke in half.. (it's a resin skull. .. they do not break in half)

Anyway- all his money and fame and he had to beat me out of a lousy $150.

Jay, you just can't trust some people. Doesn't pay to be a Nice Guy either. Glad you named a few creeps!! Think you need to require deposits to cover your expenses. Not fair for you to take such losses!! Just saying. You are a great guy who does great work. :up:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member