IGNORED

Food plot progress

Finally clover is showing up!

I check it every 3 hours all day long lol..

I called whitetail institute to see.. they confirmed that clover starts with 2 round leaves and can take a few weeks to get started.. especially 1st week it didn't rain to set the seeds in the dirt.

Very excited!20170502_174659.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Clover spends pretty much the first season setting roots. Next spring that clover should take off. Most guys plant it in the fall with a cover crop usually winter rye and clover takes off the following spring and the rye helps keep the weeds down. 

Spring planted clover can be done but you have lots of weed competition. I would keep over seeding it this year before a soaking rain, in the fall for sure again and frost seed around March next year. 

You are spending lots of money on that WI clover. You can buy it from Merit seed in Ohio much cheaper. 

FYI WI clover has a good amount of berseem clover in it which does not frost seed. 

It also contains a good amount of seed coating. Read the tag, you would be surprised at how much you are paying for whats in the bag

www.liftxrentals.com

Thanks for the info tcook. I went with WI clover because I was calling them for planting advise, figured I might as well buy their seed.. I'm only doing a half acre I think it was only like $35 in seeds. I bought 2 bags in case I ran short, but I ran out perfectly. I'll use the other bag of seed this fall.

Once the clover gets 3 leaves or 3" they told me spray the field with arrest max, slay, and crop oil mixture to kill off the grass and weeds.l competing with it. I have all the chemicals waiting for the day they grow enough lol.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk