IGNORED

Great gun cleaning product (Eezox)

Rutting Buck

First off don't laugh but I took a few guns to my local gunsmith to have thoroughly cleaned because I don't have the time to clean them with 3 small kids around the house.  I was having cycling issue with my 1924 A5 I had changed friction ring set up around and it made no difference  BTW this one seems like its above my pay grade to completely disassemble, clean, and reassemble properly.  I picked it up and the guy did an amazing job with it.  The finish looked great and it cycled beautifully.  He recommended CLP product called eezox, its fully synthetic and I really like its because its a liquid product that once the solvent evaporates the lubricant stays on the gun but doesn't come of from touching it.  Does anyone else use this product or have heard about this product.  He says he has been using it for several years now and its works great.  I took that gun out shooting the other weekend and it worked beautifully and was very easy to clean.  If you have any experience with this product please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

http://www.eezox.com

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

I am using something that cleans without any solvents. The product name is Gunzilla. It’s a vegetable oil based product which cleans and lubricates at the same time. The more you use it the easier it is to clean the gun because it basically coats the steal for very easy cleaning. It takes me now 4 swipes with a cloth sprayed with this product top clean my Muzzleloader. This stuff is not toxic, no unpleasant smell or skin irritations. I highly recommend it.   

I will definitely be trying some of these new cleaners, getting sick of the Hoppes #9 smell

Hoppes #9.jpg

perfume-bottle.jpg

Ben_Dis_Hoppes_Candle.jpg

Hoppes_1.jpg

real_girls_smell_like_hoppes_no_9_funny_guns_t_shirt-r3720495f047e469c94d1131fc6416180_k2128_540.jpg

GunCleaningDemotivator.jpg

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Anything that says it cleans AND lubricates doesn't do either very well. You can take any dirty gun bore and run oiled patches through it and to the eye it will look shiny and clean... but it's not. I've taken rifles that looked shiny and clean and ran patches with Shooters Choice and Sweets CopperRemover and got more crud out of them than the owner could believe. You need cleaners that tell the truth by turning patches bluish green when copper and fouling are still present if you want longevity and accuracy. Just my 2 cents

Edited by maximus66

AWM

I have been using eezox for a few years now --  It's a little difficult to use the 1st time on a gun

You must strip all previous oils off the metal before applying eezox -- then you apply, let dry, wipe off excess

It's a great protectant for metal -- Not so great as a lubricant

every gun I have gets an initial eezox treatment -- all barrels and rifling are treated with eezox -- Actions are then lubed with Slip 2000 ewl

Leaving an action to only be lubed with eezox will cause it to jam -- I've tried it -- 1911 shot in a competition -- about 200 rounds -- couldn't get thru it without needing to lube the action 

Like I said -- Great protectant, terrible lubricant

I also don't clean with eezox -- too expensive -- Hoppes #9 as cleaner