• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

Your Opinion On G5 Striker Broadheads

8 replies to this topic

#1 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

Dominant Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 10:08 AM

Anyone here have any opinions on these broadheads, from what I have been told by some and have read these broadheads fly excellent and very good on game. For 25 plus years I've used Muzzy 3 Blades, but noticed in the last few years the quality isn't what it once more. With a new bow and set up, why not try new broadheads

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHv4BReYgPi42!--60_58.JPG

#2 Male ONLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Dominant Buck

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,250 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 10:14 AM

I've never tried them but I have only heard good things from those that use them.    

• Like x 1
  • List

#3 OFFLINE   buckman37

buckman37

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 10:27 AM

I use these and they work very well.  With my set up, they fly the same as field points and I have shot them to 70+ yards when preparing for an elk trip.  I have killed several deer with them and had great penetration with excellent blood.  I attribute the success that I have had with them because of their accuracy, sharpness and all of the practice that I put in with my bow.  All shots so far have been in the vitals with lots of blood (due to pass through) and short blood trails (often I watched the deer drop).  Shot placement is key no matter what broadhead you shoot.

I like the fact that they are solidly put together and have replacement blades available.  These heads are also easily sharpened.

• Like x 1
  • List

#4 Male OFFLINE   Silver Belly62

Silver Belly62

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 12:29 PM

I have used them for both bow & crossbow and worked very good for both setups

• Like x 1
  • List

#5 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 12:44 PM

I've been tempted to try them.. but  my Montecs work just fine sooo.... :cupcoffee: 

• Like x 1
  • List

:D

#6 OFFLINE   LittleM

LittleM

11 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 02:25 PM

Shoot them out of my crossbow.  Killed several deer, no issues and they do fly like my field points.  No adjustment between the two was necessary.  BTW - YYEEEAAAA BHC is back!

• Like x 1
  • List

#7 Male OFFLINE   mattg1500

mattg1500

10 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 05:06 PM

I dumped my Rages after losing a second deer and tried the Strikers. I have not hunted with them yet but I have been shooting for a few months now and for me they fly about 1/2" lower than my field points. I made my adjustment and they are flying fine. I usually shoot 40-30-20yd groups because of my yard size but I will take them out to 50 before the season just to see.They are sharp as hell right out of the pack and I did manage to get a small slice in my finger while unscrewing one out of an arrow that was in my block. My only concern is I can hear them in flight. Im not real worried , but I never heard my expandables. Overall I am happy with them and I dont have to worry about an expandable not opening anymore! 

• Like x 1
  • List

#8 Male OFFLINE   MeatEater

MeatEater

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 06:04 PM

Just picked up some at Targeteers. Will try them in the upcoming season.

From the picture, it looks like you got the ones with replaceable blades. I got the fixed ones. Let us know how they work out.

• Like x 1
  • List

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift.

That's why they call it the present.

#9 OFFLINE   GunDogs

GunDogs

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08/13/16 - 09:03 PM

I like them very much and get a way better blood trail vs the Montecs. More consistent for me over the Muzzy heads. Shooting a Switchback XT
  • Like x 1
  • List

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users