IGNORED

Need help -- Bow Shop

Heavyopp

Here you go for all of you middlesex county guys.

Dominic Araco

WAAC'D

Woodbridge Arms and Archery

23 Queen Road, Iselin NJ08830

www.woodbridgearms.com

732-855-5887

732-301-4867

m-f 8-5

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

http://bowandreel.com

Garden State Bow and Reel

2760A Route 23 

North Stockholm, New Jersey 07460

Not the best website, but my go-to for all of my archery needs.  I take all of my bows and the kids bows there and have never had a problem.  It does get busy, 4-5 people deep on bad days, and you will have to wait for service.  But they are that good and lots of people trust their gear to them.  There are a few posts on this and other sites about them.

It's about 1h 10m from where you are, approximately.

:agree:

Dino spent an hour with my daughter setting up her bow.  He's the man!!  :up:  :up:

Many good pro shops around....I've been dealing with Targteers for all my archery needs since I started hunting in 1980. I deal only with Robert the owner, the key is get there when they open to have him help you, he is so damn good people wait and wait for him. I moved from the area and still drove over an hour for his work and knowledge. About 3 weeks ago I treated myself to a new bow, I got there before Rob opened the shop, within 2 hours I was walking out the door with my bow, all set up and I just needed to dial it in, which I did last week. As far as draw length, do you shoot fingers, release aid with direct contact on string or string loop, these will determine your length.

Targteers is located in Saddle Brook, Rt.46 west....about 2 miles from the GSP

Mathews Z2, HHA sight, Mathews QAD hdx rest, Kwikkee Kiver, Carbon Express Maxima Arrows 250s, kisser button, string loop, G5 Striker broadheads, Axiom stabilizer

This bow is quick, accurate,zero vibration, 30" ATA perfect for treestands or blinds .....with everything I didn't break the bank

The Z3, is a few dollars cheaper, basically the same bow

20160812_134115.jpg

Edited by BHC

Is strictly archery gonna be new guy friendly -- I've heard they can get a little moody

Yes indeed they are moody.. So much so I stopped using them because I never knew if I was gonna get treated like family or get my head ripped off when I went there.. And if you didn't buy your equipment from them STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.. just trust me on that..

I've had experience with Simon Peters and Garden State Bow.. :up:

Edited by Axiom

:D

Heavyopp, how did you make out? Buy anything?

I haven't done squat -- at least not with a new bow 

Had my golden eagle out and shooting -- also shot the crossbow some 

Hooked up with Stan from AW nature labs and got a spot set up with pinch point and a block -- been topping it off with corn and have 4 bucks daily 

I'm gonna start the season with my golden eagle -- It's been reliable for decades and shoots just fine -- I'm still capable at 47 to hold full draw for 30 seconds so I'll be OK

Maybe once I knock down another deer or 2 I'll get serious about a new bow again -- Besides  I have a pistol permit about to expire and I hate using them for toilet paper...

I've bought things from Easton and branchburg heritages guild and Simon Peter but the service at strictly archery far surpases any shop I've been to. I did not buy my bow from them but have brought it in for service now a few times

Ray is a great guy to deal with and treats me great every time I go in there. You get what you pay for. they are not cheap but the time they put into your bow making sure it shoots great when you leave is worth the price. What others have said on here is certainly true if you go in there talking out your butt they will let you know it. There are many shops in this area but strictly archery will have my business for now on. Make an appointment and Ray will spend plenty of time with you explaining the bows and helping you find the one best for you

Yes indeed they are moody.. So much so I stopped using them because I never knew if I was gonna get treated like family or get my head ripped off when I went there.. And if you didn't buy your equipment from them STAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE.. just trust me on that..

I've had experience with Simon Peters and Garden State Bow.. :up:

It's funny because I've been using them for many years now and always have Tom do all of my work, but both Tom and Ray treat me like family every time I walk in the door, whether it's to make a large purchase or to just shoot the shit for a few minutes and buy some field points.  Hell, sometimes I just pop in to say what's up to the guys.  I've purchased bows from them and I've also had them set up and tune bows that I've purchased from other places and I've never been treated poorly otherwise.  In fact, the very first time I went there it was with a bow that I had purchased at another place and they took me right in, talked me through everything and I was there for hours trading hunting stories and flinging arrows.  I'm the same DL as Tommy, so he was letting me shoot his bows and we were just having a good time. 

I really think that the people who've had bad experiences with this shop are the know-it-all types or people who walk in with a chip on their shoulder for one reason or another.  I've been in that place a million times and every time I'm there I see customers both new and old come through the door and those guys treat them all with respect and take top notch care of them. I have seem them be pretty blunt with a handful of know-it-all types as well, but that's how it goes I guess.    

I've bought things from Easton and branchburg heritages guild and Simon Peter but the service at strictly archery far surpases any shop I've been to. I did not buy my bow from them but have brought it in for service now a few times

Ray is a great guy to deal with and treats me great every time I go in there. You get what you pay for. they are not cheap but the time they put into your bow making sure it shoots great when you leave is worth the price. What others have said on here is certainly true if you go in there talking out your butt they will let you know it. There are many shops in this area but strictly archery will have my business for now on. Make an appointment and Ray will spend plenty of time with you explaining the bows and helping you find the one best for you

Well said. 

• 3 weeks later...