• NJ Woods & Water Zazzle Storefront
  • NJ Woods & Water Cafepress Storefront

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
Come be a part of NJ Woods & Water by signing in or creating an account today!
  • Enter contests and win prizes
  • Start new topics, ask, and answer questions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums you're interested in
  • Get your own profile page, blog, and photo/video galleries
  • Participate in live chat
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Share content with your social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+
If you are experiencing trouble creating an account, please click here to submit a support ticket and we will help resolve any issues you may be having!

Photo

How many are done with NJH?

157 replies to this topic

#121 Male OFFLINE   Palawman30

Palawman30

Owner of PredaTorch.com

• NJW&W Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 11:43 AM

I belong to a lot of forums, but NJH being close to home became the one I visited most. There is a lot of information there from some very knowledgeable sportsmen. Always something learned and things to discover. The trouble was it become rife with drama and the word sportsman flew out the window. Try as you might to keep it on track, there is always someone throwing f bombs and making the experience less than desirable. It was as if there was a competition to who could be the most crude despite knowing there are women and children who visit the site. I'm not a prude by any means, but that behavior is really uncalled for. If Kris allowed that to go on I'm disappointed in him.

Also,voicing an honest opinion is met with hostility many times by those thinking they arethe smartest guy in the room. Rather than agree to disagree, arguments ensue and people pile on. Make one statement or action that don't fit the mindset of a mob and you know where it ends up. Then again maybe all those Sybil's (multiple personalities) on the site had a lot to do with that.

I'll still visit NJH as I do all the others. Knowing what to expect, of course. The one thing that is constant is change. A lot of forums are not what they used to be. People come and people go for a lot of the reasons and examples we see @ NJH . Those sites with a solid foundation on respect and sticking to the rules will continue to thrive.

You hit the nail on the head. The cop bashing threads were the ones that pretty much drove me away from that site for periods of time. I joined that site in August of 2005 hoping it would be a decent hunting forum but it turned out to be like returning to sophomore year in high school.

Heres hoping this one turns out better:beer:

#122 OFFLINE   res3301

res3301

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 11:48 AM

I this site way better than NJH. I mainly fish so the setup here is way better. The other problem there was the doomsday crowd. quick close the shades the drones are watching!
Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish.
-Steven Wright

#123 Male OFFLINE   themadgreek

themadgreek

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 12:11 PM

This site has way more updated features. The other site is antiquated. I have a lot of LEO in my family, wasn't too fond of the cheap shots they were taking and the instigating in other threads after.
Mr. 300

#124 OFFLINE   DuckSlayer424

DuckSlayer424

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 01:48 PM

Reminds me of when we lost the NJ ducks site
I wanna be a millionaire

#125 Male OFFLINE   hiking

hiking

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 02:21 PM

I was a member on the other site since 2005, I visited it more than any other site, but hardley posted at all the last 4-5 years. I'm over here now and only hope the mods do a much better job. and yes if there is a sponsor thing like the other site I would be interested.

#126 Male OFFLINE   CMCH BUCKHUNTER

CMCH BUCKHUNTER

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 02:28 PM

I will still check classifieds on njh and hopefully run the nascar contest from here now . if thats ok
Posted Image
Last week we spent three hours talking about 50 shades of grey. Me, I like charcoal grey. But Martin, he likes slate grey

#127 Male OFFLINE   RifledSlug

RifledSlug

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 03:02 PM

Maybe people need to get PM's on the other site to get the players over here, I can't continue my dominance without the competition. :rofl:

Daytona 3 weeks away.
The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.
YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

#128 Male OFFLINE   BHC

BHC

14 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 03:07 PM

I saw someone over there is crying that they got banned for one day or so......Oh well !!!

#129 OFFLINE   birdshotnj

birdshotnj

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:28 PM

That's because everyone is used to logging on to take out all their stress on other members for no reason. Like the schoolyard bully just itching to pick a fight. Then when the bully gets put in his place, he cries about it

#130 Male OFFLINE   Axiom

Axiom

13 Pointer

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:35 PM

Maybe people need to get PM's on the other site to get the players over here, I can't continue my dominance without the competition. :rofl:

Daytona 3 weeks away.

:letsparty::letsparty:

#131 OFFLINE   Meshach

Meshach

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 06:35 PM

Count me in for the nascar contest watch out Danny

#132 OFFLINE   roadkill

roadkill

Fawn

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02/04/13 - 07:53 PM

I'm not done with it .I'll still stop in and see whats going on over there.With this site up and running i get the best of both worlds.Its like 7-11 and wawa what ever floats your boat that day.They both serve up the same thing it's just that some peolpe perfer one from the other.

#133 OFFLINE   Buckrun

Buckrun

• NJW&W Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 05:25 PM

Was a member there from early on. Just got tired of posters thinking they were professionals in every aspect of the outdoors. From game management, shot placement, politics, to how to tie your shoes, so many had such disparaging comments to others as if they were all knowing. I started by not posting, but after awhile I couldn't even stand looking anymore. Such a shame what was allowed to go on there. I do have a question. If the site was sold, why would the buyer not be concerned with improving or atleast keeping up with the site? Why would the new owner not contact the current mods to touch base or let them know whats expected of them? or simply to just "fire them"? Sounds weird to me.

#134 Male OFFLINE   bushden

bushden

Spike

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 06:04 PM

I am enjoying both sites

HONOR THE FALLEN
http://thefallen.militarytimes.com
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

#135 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 06:27 PM

Was a member there from early on. Just got tired of posters thinking they were professionals in every aspect of the outdoors. From game management, shot placement, politics, to how to tie your shoes, so many had such disparaging comments to others as if they were all knowing. I started by not posting, but after awhile I couldn't even stand looking anymore. Such a shame what was allowed to go on there. I do have a question. If the site was sold, why would the buyer not be concerned with improving or atleast keeping up with the site? Why would the new owner not contact the current mods to touch base or let them know whats expected of them? or simply to just "fire them"? Sounds weird to me.

Your questions are the same many of us have had for months. Can't wait around forever hoping, so I decided to create something that has a clear direction defined and will communicate with the members :up:

#136 Male OFFLINE   Liv2hunt

Liv2hunt

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 06:59 PM

NJH was great I remember back I'm 2005 it was great for a few years.. I met you Matty WOJ and many others. That site did its job I am glad this site started. I do troll over there a little but I am glad I came over..
I Just want to Hunt...

#137 Male OFFLINE   Sugar

Sugar

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 07:01 PM

Just till I get banned here..

#138 OFFLINE   smittty

smittty

Button Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 07:05 PM

if there is one thing i have learned in the last fifty years on this planet is don't put all your eggs in one basket

#139 Male ONLINE   BowhunterNJ

BowhunterNJ

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,255 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 07:25 PM

Sugar isn't even allowed to have eggs...or a basket. :D

#140 OFFLINE   GhostBear

GhostBear

Y Buck

• NJW&W Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02/16/13 - 07:50 PM

I'm getting there, I started going there as a member in November of '05, it really isn't the same anymore, so? When's the first njfng deer drive?:up:
Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog!:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users